The Student Room Group

Missing my ex

I broke up with my boyfriend as we both have exams so are busy. The problem is I really like him (sometimes I even feel like it's love although i know it isn't) and I really miss him. Idk if he feels the same so I haven't told him how I feel but should I
WHAT!? You broke up because of exams!? Yes yes.. tell him.
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
WHAT!? You broke up because of exams!?

it happens, one of my exs broke up with me bc of his exams in the past
Original post by mkap
it happens, one of my exs broke up with me bc of his exams in the past

Thats... not going to say because I'll get banned.
Reply 4
Original post by ckfeister
Thats... not going to say because I'll get banned.

haha but it was okay bc he wanted me back 3 days later. no thanks :getmecoat:
Reply 5
Everyone feels this way when it happens, just don't let the stress get to you.

Stay Strong:crossedf:
Original post by mkap
haha but it was okay bc he wanted me back 3 days later. no thanks :getmecoat:

:lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
If you guys broke up because you wouldn't have time for each other because of exams, I totally get this. However, if you feel like your breakup has wavered your concentrations more than worrying about time, then maybe that wasn't the best move. Talk it through with him, see where you're both at. Remember, you only get to do exams once, and presumably you'll both still be around once they finish. :h:
Original post by Milzime
If you guys broke up because you wouldn't have time for each other because of exams, I totally get this. However, if you feel like your breakup has wavered your concentrations more than worrying about time, then maybe that wasn't the best move. Talk it through with him, see where you're both at. Remember, you only get to do exams once, and presumably you'll both still be around once they finish. :h:

What if it's an autopsy examination :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Fiduciam

huehuehue
Thanks for all the advice :h: I think I'm going to talk to him about it then see where it goes
Original post by Fiduciam

:erm:

Dat record is gonna be blemished even more soon :lol:
Reply 12
I don't understand why people break up over exams. I think it's utterly pathetic.
Exams are stressful periods of time as it is, the last thing you want to be contending with is heart break and grief. When me and my ex had exams we would just explain to one another that we were really busy with exams at the moment and that we won't be able to see each other as much but we'll make up for it after. No harm done, In fact it actually made exams less stressful because we both had something to look forward to (which was spending more time together).
If you're breaking up because of exams I think there must be an underlying reason for your break up which you're not willing to accept, or you're just mad.

In regards to how you feel, I would 100% tell him and just say that you think you've made a mistake and that exams aren't a good enough reason to break up when everything else in the relationship is so good.
Original post by Stk1010
I don't understand why people break up over exams. I think it's utterly pathetic.
Exams are stressful periods of time as it is, the last thing you want to be contending with is heart break and grief. When me and my ex had exams we would just explain to one another that we were really busy with exams at the moment and that we won't be able to see each other as much but we'll make up for it after. No harm done, In fact it actually made exams less stressful because we both had something to look forward to (which was spending more time together).
If you're breaking up because of exams I think there must be an underlying reason for your break up which you're not willing to accept, or you're just mad.

In regards to how you feel, I would 100% tell him and just say that you think you've made a mistake and that exams aren't a good enough reason to break up when everything else in the relationship is so good.

I appreciate your opinion but we were in a long distance relationship so the only way we talk is through messages and calls. As we are both revising we have less time to do this. It got to the point we couldn't have conversations as one person would be exhausted when the other had time to speak. This is why we broke up as we were barely speaking so it was lime we weren't going out at all
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I appreciate your opinion but we were in a long distance relationship so the only way we talk is through messages and calls. As we are both revising we have less time to do this. It got to the point we couldn't have conversations as one person would be exhausted when the other had time to speak. This is why we broke up as we were barely speaking so it was lime we weren't going out at all

But (with all due respect), you're telling us that you really like him (may even love him) and really miss him. So what was the point in breaking up? Relationships are about commitment and compromises. You can't just jump ship because things are a little bit tough. I have a friend whose boyfriend is in the army and consequently sometimes they don't get to speak or see each other for weeks or even months in a row, but it doesn't stop them from being together. They just make up for lost time when they see each other. It just depends on how much you love that person and whether they are worth the compromise of not being able to talk or see each other as frequently as you'd like.

If you broke up because the long distance was becoming too difficult, it would make more sense and I would understand that. But to break up just because you have exams is silly in my opinion and may cause more stress than if you were to stay together throughout them. It's not like exams last all year, perhaps a couple of months from starting to revise to the exam date.

If anything (in my opinion), I'd much rather be in a relationship during an exam period because you've got someone to support you and help you through it.

Obviously, who am I to tell you what to do and if you feel like it was neccasary than that's what was right for you. I'm just venting my own opinions and hopefully opening your mind to some new ideas/thoughts. But you're obviously not happy with your decision, otherwise you'd wouldn't have written this thread.

Either way, I hope you get a happy ending! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending