The Student Room Group

How nervous are you for the exam tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MeerabBieber
It is the well awaited and dreaded GCSE English Literature exam tomorrow. How confident do you guys feel about it on a scale of 1-10? Do you think you will do good or are you nervous that you may mess up.

I'm mostly worried about timing and essay structure and getting a good grade. What about you?

By the way, good luck to everyone taking this exam!

Same, and I am also worried that the paper would be long for me to write and my hand will probably get messed up. I just want to do well, that's it.

Good luck to ya too :smile:
Original post by pink.lemonade
Whoops thought it was how nervous 😬 - I'm definitely feeling -1 confident rn

Same. I'm worried that I won't finish both essays in time and that they won't be of good quality.

Forget that, I'm scared I won't even write one good paragraph :s-smilie::frown:
Reply 22
8;
Seriously if AQA mess me over with their devilish questions i will put my head on the desk and realise how much of a mess my life is.. Help me with the lit exam pm me with your paragraph structures
Reply 23
3. Im doing last minute revison now. jus looking through essays.

GOOD LUCK GUYS x
Personally I'm dreading, I have coursework to back me up but I reckon that I'll forget everything when I step in the room. It may just be a worry as its my second week back after a weekend.. I haven't done much revision this weekend as I'm just so tired and unmotivated. Good luck to everyone else :smile:
Reply 26

my teachers unfair marking on my coursework makes me feel even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just go in with the attitude that you are going to answer the questions as best as you can in the time available.
Answer the question they ask and not the one you wanted them to ask.
Pace yourself so you finish your essay on time. Wrote a plan before you start and then stick to it incuding timings i.e 5 mins a paragraph. practice gives you confidence and timing is less fo an issue. Keep checking on the time as you do it, so you finish on time.
Reply 28
Original post by ksj.11
my teachers unfair marking on my coursework makes me feel even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's unfair it'll probably be moderated. Unless they just really hate you and marked everyone else's fairly.
Reply 29
-100, I've literally only revised eng this weekend and i still don't think ill be able to do it efficiently and a good enough quality and I have 6 exams next week so i am totally screwed for everything
I guess I'm a 5, maybe a 6. I'm alright with poetry but I'm scared for the text. Hopefully, I'll be able to do well. I did my best and that counts.:colonhash:
It is the well awaited and dreaded GCSE English Literature exam tomorrow. How confident do you guys feel about it on a scale of 1-10? Do you think you will do good or are you nervous that you may mess up.

I'm mostly worried about timing and essay structure and getting a good grade. What about you?

By the way, good luck to everyone taking this exam!

I'm very nervous! My school are doing 'Of Mice and Men' and 'Animal Farm'. I should be okay as I got an A in my mock at Christmas, but it just depends on what questions they give us! Good luck to everyone! 😊
Original post by Lewisstratton
Personally I'm dreading, I have coursework to back me up but I reckon that I'll forget everything when I step in the room. It may just be a worry as its my second week back after a weekend.. I haven't done much revision this weekend as I'm just so tired and unmotivated. Good luck to everyone else :smile:

Well, at least your going in with a good grade, I'm going in with a horrible coursework grade that is rocketing my self esteem in English literature further into the ground.

Ughhhh, I'm so scared for this exam!
5 :smile: Still nervous hoping for SLIM GOD BLESS
Original post by 999tigger
Just go in with the attitude that you are going to answer the questions as best as you can in the time available.
Answer the question they ask and not the one you wanted them to ask.
Pace yourself so you finish your essay on time. Wrote a plan before you start and then stick to it incuding timings i.e 5 mins a paragraph. practice gives you confidence and timing is less fo an issue. Keep checking on the time as you do it, so you finish on time.

Trust me, it's easier said than done :frown:
Its not really you just have to focus. One way or another the exam is coming, you are going to sit it and then it will be over.
You dont have much input other than you can do your best, everyone can do their best if they want to..
Worrying doesnt help. Its really important in the exam to focus.
Original post by 999tigger
Its not really you just have to focus. One way or another the exam is coming, you are going to sit it and then it will be over.
You dont have much input other than you can do your best, everyone can do their best if they want to..
Worrying doesnt help. Its really important in the exam to focus.

Thank you for this; it's the only motivation I got the whole day. :h:

And yeah, I guess your right....
Reply 37
About a 6.

I'm confident on Part (a) of the exam, I'm doing AQA Sunlight on the Grass Anthology, but I'm not so confident on Of Mice and Men.

Is there any chance someone could help me quickly? I just want to know how I should structure my answer... Is there a formula to follow? (i.e. - Paragraph 1: introduction, Paragraph 2: Tone, etc.)
Thank you for this; it's the only motivation I got the whole day. :h:

And yeah, I guess your right....

You can figure out your timetable for the exam right now. keep breaking it down into parts.
Thats why you look at your watch.
5-7 mins reading and analysing the question, then planning.
Very short intro.
4-5 paragraphs- 1 on each point you wnat to make from the question. Aboyt 5 mins each.
Conclusion 5 mins
Must finsih by 9:45. If you follow your plan you will have both structure and keep to time.

Q2 has to be started by 9:45. Break down the question into its parts, then scan the texh and then read it more carefully making notes into your answer plan of points you want to make.
9:55 Start writing.You must finish by 10:15 at latest.
10:15-10:30 for Q2 part 2, but that tends to be simpler.

If you have time left then you can re-read for spealling and grammar. If you follow a timetable then you will finish on time and your answers will have structure. Dont worry, focus on doing your best and making every minute count. Good luck. There are plenty of good bideos on youtube if youve had it with revision.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Who is doing Of Mice and men ??

Quick Reply