The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by penguinstudies
i hope so as well, and good luck too :biggrin:

Would you mind sharing quotes for Loneliness :smile:
what board do you do?
Reply 222
Any key points for the theme loneliness?
Reply 223
Original post by nisha.sri
Do you have quotes for that for every character do you mind sharing with me ?

i wouldnt mind sharing if i had notes on of mice and men...im going in there wingging it :biggrin: but from the top of my head ive got a couple of things that might help
(ive wriiten things then gotten rid of them about 3 times :biggrin:)
do you mean the theme of loneliness or just quotes of each character in general?
Original post by muski
i wouldnt mind sharing if i had notes on of mice and men...im going in there wingging it :biggrin: but from the top of my head ive got a couple of things that might help
(ive wriiten things then gotten rid of them about 3 times :biggrin:)
do you mean the theme of loneliness or just quotes of each character in general?

Just quotes for each characters .
I just need quotes also what were your predictions ?
What quotes could you use for the theme of American dream ( have a feeling this could come up)
Reply 226
Original post by SAI6
What do u mean?

i mean that i was taught to do the 2 poems and the comparison as one paragraph. an to do three of these papragraphs
:smile:
Reply 227
Just quotes for each characters .
I just need quotes also what were your predictions ?

my prediction was that it was going to be the death of candy's dog scene for part a and the theme of loneliness for part b.
Original post by muski
my prediction was that it was going to be the death of candy's dog scene for part a and the theme of loneliness for part b.

I would deffo do loneliness :biggrin:
Original post by MBK14
They are always changing depending on how well the paper was perceived. However last year:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463912109.403868.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

does anyone know how the marks are distributed within the paper? so how many marks for extract question, how many for essay and how many for poetry???
Reply 230
I would deffo do loneliness :biggrin:

ayyyyyy great minds think alike!
good luck for the exam tomorrow though hope everything goes smoothly
Original post by olivia223
What quotes could you use for the theme of American dream ( have a feeling this could come up)

Lennie refers to "fatta the lan" quite a lot, its an easy quote to remember
Quotes and point on innocence please and some on segregation
Original post by muski
ayyyyyy great minds think alike!
good luck for the exam tomorrow though hope everything goes smoothly

Thank you you too
Would you mind sharing quotes for Loneliness :smile:

"i get awful lonely" -CW
"maybe everybody in the whole damn world is scared of each other"
"guys like us that woek on ranches are the loneliest guys in the world"
"ache for attention" "whore" "tart" "rouged lips"
"a guy needs somebody to be near him sometimes"
"a guy goes nuts if he aint got nobody"
"we travel together" "aint many guys travel together"
"soledad"
"george put his cards down" (solitaire)
"i ought to have shot that dog myself, i ought'n let no stranger shoot my dog"
"you aint got no right to come in my room" "listen ****** i could string you up on a tree so easy it aint even funny" - irony of conflict between CW and crooks even though theyre both isolated

hope this helps
Not sure if this has already been asked but what is the difference between mood and atmosphere???
And is there any example of Slim being racist at all? Does he ever call Crooks a ******?
Original post by Some123446
And is there any example of Slim being racist at all? Does he ever call Crooks a ******?

Slim is never racist towards Crooks and refers to him by his name, 'Crooks'. When Crooks says that he will tar the muke's foot, Slim resonds "No, I'll come do it myself" rather than expecting Crooks to do his dirty work for him which shows Slim doesn't support slavery. Slim speaks to Crooks and treats Crooks in the same way that he treats the other ranch works suggesting that this is the type of treatment Steinbeck would like to see displaying by everyone at the time of the Great Depression.
Reply 238
Original post by mathooo
what CA is this in?!

The poetry and Shakespeare link

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Some123446

Slim is seen as the voice of Steinbeck and treats every person equally (chats with curleys wife, visits crooks, makes an appointment for Curley for his hand, sees the innocence in Lennie)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending