The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exavior
These do not sound familiar what are they?

The Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal System and Sympathomedullary Pathway, :biggrin:
Original post by Abirella
In the specification it says reference to excitation and inhibition.
What are those? I am not familiar with them. :frown:

Excitation: causes positive charge neurons more likely to fire
Inhibition: causes negative charge and neurons LESS likely to fire...
Maybe...but Idk...someone else help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The function of the neurons.
Excitation and Inhibition.

Excitation is when the neurotransmitter stimulates a positive reaction in the receptor resulting in ACTION POTENTIAL basically the message is passed on.
Inhibition is the opposit, neg reaction in receptor resulting in decreased action potential so no message is passed on.
Reply 563
I've got the original paper, several original copies of the question booklet. Anyone want them emailed, drop me a message via PM
Hello everyone.
Do we need to know about the behavioural approach to explaining and treating phobias, depression and OCD or is it just phobias?
Just to clarify, :smile:
Reply 565
Hello everyone.
Do we need to know about the behavioural approach to explaining and treating phobias, depression and OCD or is it just phobias?
Just to clarify, :smile:

Behavioural approach just phobias
Cognitive just depression
Biological just OCD
Original post by ashieG
Behavioural approach just phobias
Cognitive just depression
Biological just OCD

Thanks,
What should I include if the biological approach to behaviours comes up as a 12 marker? I dont know how to put it all day together, its a bit of a messy approach!
Reply 568
Thanks,

No worries, good luck!
Original post by Exavior
What should I include if the biological approach to behaviours comes up as a 12 marker? I dont know how to put it all day together, its a bit of a messy approach!

Just note about what genes are. What genotype and phenotypes are. Also note about the biological structure and what it is.

Then talk about neurotransmitters and what those are and what they do. Make sure you include the twi different types of neurotransmitters- Excitatory and inhibitory and explain what those are and what they do.

Then finally describe what hormones are and what they do.

Then you include around 2-3 evaluation points and elaborate on those and you'll hopefully get 11/12 or 12/12.

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be doing the exam too and I'm nervous because I feel like its harder :frown:
Original post by Ihonestlydk
Just note about what genes are. What genotype and phenotypes are. Also note about the biological structure and what it is.

Then talk about neurotransmitters and what those are and what they do. Make sure you include the twi different types of neurotransmitters- Excitatory and inhibitory and explain what those are and what they do.

Then finally describe what hormones are and what they do.

Then you include around 2-3 evaluation points and elaborate on those and you'll hopefully get 11/12 or 12/12.

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be doing the exam too and I'm nervous because I feel like its harder :frown:

Thank you 😀. I am nervous too 😰, but I think I have done all that I can. Good Luck!!!
Thinking about revising over night.
However the issue is that I have an economics exam in the morning. SOOO STRESSED, :frown:
Just did this exam as a mock, I messed up so bad! Unless I can get full marks on unit 2 (which isn't happening), I believe I'm finished :s-smilie:
Reply 573
Is the paper in the link the actual paper?

Quick Reply