The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sadiq Khan is not Western, he is Asian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RayApparently

'Darwinian suicide'? Why? Culture, healthy genes and the environment are the only valuable things that one generation passes on to the next.

But we aren't handing any culture down, that's the problem. Some other culture(s) see that as a blank slate for enforcing their own culture on us.
Original post by Jebedee
But we aren't handing any culture down, that's the problem. Some other culture(s) see that as a blank slate for enforcing their own culture on us.

I think Britain has a terrorist doc cultural heritage - it's just a lot of people don't appreciate it. In fact, in my experience, immigrants tend to appreciate it more than people born here.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Well no, the 'West' as we refer to it has been a racially homogenous society up until a generation ago. It takes more than 1 generation to change this fact, his immediate ethnic ancestry is from another continent. Geneticists could look at his DNA and tell where he came from, you our I could look at his appearance and know he was an immigrant, first or second generation. We could look at his culture, how he spends his free time, and know it was 'exotic' and otherwise 'alien' to anyone that could trace their lineage back in Western Europe.

He is a foreign person, he may have become somewhat acclimatised to the 'West', but in every measurable way he is different to people from here.

If a tall skinny, pale skinned, red headed person were born in China to Scottish parents, if he adopted Chinese culture and spoke their language, he would not be and never be 'Eastern' or Chinese. the Chinese would never elect this hypothetical person mayor of Shanghai, for obvious racial reasons which are more about self promotion than persecution.

What the UK and Europe are doing is Darwinian suicide, a eugenics program enacted out of ignorance and learned political bias.

LOL how out of touch are some of these racial purists with modern society.

At the end of the day, Sadiq Khan has stood for election in a British election and the British public have voted for him, he is now an elected representative and has the powers of London Mayor vested in him by the British people.

What colour his skin is has nothing to do with it which is why despite a hate campaign against him, he was still the democratically elected choice of the London electorate.

Now sure you can have some people banging on about DNA, racial eugenics and whatever, but Sadiq Khan was born in Britain, has served as a British minister and is now Mayor of Britain's capital city. Because British democracy doesn't care about issues like race.
Original post by RayApparently
snip

Original post by MagicNMedicine
snip

If I may surmise both these points so as to address them simultaneously, I realize it will make semi straw men out of your positions but they are both sprouting from a similar point that our differing positions can be traced to.

"Race doesn't matter"

Kinda does, pretending that it doesn't is childishly naive PC nonsense. The differences are real, measurable, and are correlated. The racially correlated problems are also very real and, so far, nigh impossible for our civilizations to correct for. Which again, only further points out the glaring differences between racial groups and how much they matter.

You want to live in a society where race doesn't matter, pretending that it doesn't matter is not the way to achieve this goal.
Bare bored of this **** already man, when are we gonna a brother in number 10 init?
Are you a racist? You hate Asians? Why? Some Asians raped you? How did you survive in this century? I wonder really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by The_Internet
Sounds more British than you

Err.. I believe he was born here full stop, so he was designed, created, assembled and manufactured in Britain, to use your analogy. He was never "shipped" from any where else. Also, people aren't cars.

Well that's why I said heritage
Original post by maybuds
There was no Anglo-Saxon invasion.

So you think the Anglo-Saxons are made-up then?
I am white and English. If my grandfather moved to Japan, where he married an English woman who had children who all married English people, it wouldn't make their grandchildren Japanese,simply because they were born there.
But does it really matter though?

At the end of the day, he was elected regardless of his race and religion. British people voted for him.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
He's white you ignorant person

Spoiler

If that were true he'd be orange.
Original post by zayn008
Well that's why I said heritage

Still doesn't mean he's not British...
Reply 32
Original post by the_internet
still doesn't mean he's not british...

that was my exact point!
Reply 33
Original post by markova21
I am white and English. If my grandfather moved to Japan, where he married an English woman who had children who all married English people, it wouldn't make their grandchildren Japanese,simply because they were born there.

Why not? He could speak Japanese, take part in Japanese culture… you're just thinking he can't be Japanese because he'll have different eyes, that's exactly what you thought when writing this I bet
All that matters is if he is a good mayor or not and as people said he was elected democratically. Yes you have the right to complain but other people also have the right to be pissed off at you for spouting your blatantly somewhat hatred fulled agenda.
Original post by zayn008
that was my exact point!

Sorry. I thought you were arguing the opposite
Original post by markova21

Ethnically perhaps no
Race is a social construct, created to divide people. There is only one 'race' - the human one.
Original post by The_Internet
Ethnically perhaps no

And someone not of Asian ethnicity/race will never be elected Mayor/Governor of Japan's capital city.

Tokyo is a Japanese/Asian city and should be under the charge of ethnic/racial Asian. London is a white European city and should be under the governance of a white European, why does this second statement seem to garner resentment more than the first ?

Promoting another race/ethnicity over your own in the manner Western countries have been is a sure fire way to make sure we disappear, it's simple empirical reasoning. Introduce a group with a higher birth rate into a society with a fertility rate below that of replacement, guess what happens, the world becomes less diverse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HanSoloLuck
And someone not of Asian ethnicity/race will never be elected Mayor/Governor of Japan's capital city.

Tokyo is a Japanese/Asian city and should be under the charge of ethnic/racial Asian. London is a white European city and should be under the governance of a white European, why does this second statement seem to garner resentment more than the first ?

Promoting another race/ethnicity over your own in the manner Western countries have been is a sure fire way to make sure we disappear, it's simple empirical reasoning. Introduce a group with a higher birth rate into a society with a fertility rate below that of replacement, guess what happens, the world becomes less diverse.

And...back in the real world

Latest

Trending

Trending