The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarryGCSE
Slim is never racist towards Crooks and refers to him by his name, 'Crooks'. When Crooks says that he will tar the muke's foot, Slim resonds "No, I'll come do it myself" rather than expecting Crooks to do his dirty work for him which shows Slim doesn't support slavery. Slim speaks to Crooks and treats Crooks in the same way that he treats the other ranch works suggesting that this is the type of treatment Steinbeck would like to see displaying by everyone at the time of the Great Depression.

Thank you very much, teacher's predicted he'll come up as an essay question tomorrow, hope he does!
Any predictions on much ado about nothing and to kill a mocking bird?
There aren't may predictions for TKAM as most people are doing OMAM but I've been advised to revise both the importance of location and minor characters. Good luck!
@zamestaneh

we need help with interpretation :rofl: :toofunny:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SAI6
haha, kk thanks

My teachers opinion is to not do it so u do poem 1, poem 2 and a conclusion because ur conclusion is the most important bit so if you run out time on it u will lose a lot of marks, instead she said fully analyse poem 1 and go throug it while comparing it to poem 2. This is so you have a comparison throughout,try to do about 6 or 7 paragraphs
Original post by Some123446
Not sure if this has already been asked but what is the difference between mood and atmosphere???

As far as I can tell, mood creates atmosphere.

So, if a character says/does something, that is what creates the atmosphere.

e.g. If a character is uneasy, an unsettling atmosphere is created. If a character tells a joke, a light-hearted atmosphere is created. The same goes for things like description too; if the mood of a place is dark and dreary, say windows are broken and trees are dead, the atmosphere is foreboding and bleak because of this.
Reply 246
Original post by Maryumfahim
does anyone know how the marks are distributed within the paper? so how many marks for extract question, how many for essay and how many for poetry???

Extract 10, Context essay 20, poetry 20

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MBK14
Extract 10, Context essay 20, poetry 20

Posted from TSR Mobile

how many marks would i need out of 50 to get an A?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 248
Original post by Maryumfahim
how many makes would i need out of 50 to get an A?

Last year it was 35

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you were to get the 20 marker on the theme of loneliness how would you set it out, would u just do a into and a paragraph on each character and how they are lonely and then a conclusion?
Reply 250
Not sure if this has already been asked but what is the difference between mood and atmosphere???

Atmosphere is what the writer intended on creating. Mood is how this atmosphere is perceived by the reader.
Thank you very much, teacher's predicted he'll come up as an essay question tomorrow, hope he does!

Yeh same hope he does too :smile:
What about nineteenth century short stories or a view from the bridge?
Reply 253
Original post by 1a2b3c4b
If you were to get the 20 marker on the theme of loneliness how would you set it out, would u just do a into and a paragraph on each character and how they are lonely and then a conclusion?

Yeah pretty much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cactii
Yes definitely! The conclusion and main body paragraphs are almost equally weighted. It is a good opportunity to throw in some more contextual knowledge, or how you think the author feels about the particular topic. Also, you should talk about your emotions or the effect this character/theme has had on your thoughts. Hope this helps.

Okay thank you incredibly much!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i know its late but if you need revision advice i found a channel on YouTube which is quite helpful, he's called Ryhan Hussain https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg2u5o5dvS5iIu74rRO5x1w
Quotes and points on Isolation please.... and Loneliness
Any predictions on To Kill A Mockingbird
@dracculaura I'm unsure on the marks I got, but I'm pretty sure they were A*s. How about you? Good luck for today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck today everyone!! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending