The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It would be great to have you contribute to any themes you think are applicable to you :biggrin:

In a rush but if I haven't replied by tomorrow morning, quote me again and I'll reply properly :colondollar:

Hiya!! I've been on a break from TSR so that's why I didn't respond (apologies).

Ah excellent! I'd love to make some contributions!!!

Ah ok then no worries! Are you able to now?
Original post by FireFreezer77
Hiya!! I've been on a break from TSR so that's why I didn't respond (apologies).

Ah excellent! I'd love to make some contributions!!!

Ah ok then no worries! Are you able to now?

No need to apologise! I'm the one who needs to apologise actually - had a breakdown and was out of action for quite a while.

I've PMed a draft of an OP to some of the mods, just waiting to hear back from them about any additions/amendments. Then hopefully can post and get the ball rolling.

Sorry this is taking so long, it's difficult what with the unpredictable nature of my mental health :redface:
No need to apologise! I'm the one who needs to apologise actually - had a breakdown and was out of action for quite a while.

I've PMed a draft of an OP to some of the mods, just waiting to hear back from them about any additions/amendments. Then hopefully can post and get the ball rolling.

Sorry this is taking so long, it's difficult what with the unpredictable nature of my mental health :redface:

:hugs: hope you're alright :console:

--

Had a bad day at work yesterday and things some of my customers said that i had yesterday keep going around my head.

Didn't help that one of my managers decided to be mean to me as well :getmecoat:

I thought i would anyway!
Aw no you dont need to apologize!
I hope youre ok now!!!

Ah excellent! Make sure to let me know once its all sorted out!! I look forward to contributing!!

Its ok! Mental illnesses are awful!! I hope things do imrpove for you soon!! Youre too nice to be going through this!!!
convinced I'm going to fail the year
More palpitations :/
Original post by Anonymous
convinced I'm going to fail the year

What year are you in?
Trying to have a early night as I haven't slept well recently and I have to get up early tomorrow.

It isn't really going well.
These past few days have been absolutely horrendous. The voices are about as loud as they've ever been, and tell me to do something I really don't want to do. Without going into detail, it's one of those things that cannot be taken back. My wife has been amazing, last night I had a panic attack and we just sat cuddling for 2 hours until things calmed down a bit (with a little help from klonopin). And again today they were overwhelming so again we just cuddled. She makes me feel so safe. But I'm really worried about next time I see my psychiatrist - I don't trust myself to be alone but my spouse has work to do when we get back, and yeah, I'm just terrified about what my psychiatrist might suggest.

sexual/ED trigger warning

Oh boy this was long, but if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.
More palpitations :/

Have you seen a doctor about these?
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you seen a doctor about these?

Yeah i did, they were useless tbh :/
These past few days have been absolutely horrendous. The voices are about as loud as they've ever been, and tell me to do something I really don't want to do. Without going into detail, it's one of those things that cannot be taken back. My wife has been amazing, last night I had a panic attack and we just sat cuddling for 2 hours until things calmed down a bit (with a little help from klonopin). And again today they were overwhelming so again we just cuddled. She makes me feel so safe. But I'm really worried about next time I see my psychiatrist - I don't trust myself to be alone but my spouse has work to do when we get back, and yeah, I'm just terrified about what my psychiatrist might suggest.

sexual/ED trigger warning

Oh boy this was long, but if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

Hey, sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time lately.

Do you know for a fact that your weight gain is down to your meds? Is that a known side-effect or have you narrowed down the cause yourself?

A healthy lifestyle is something like a 70/30 split between diet and exercise. If you are eating hardly anything (which I am taking literally), then you really are doing more harm than good. You're body will conserve every last ounce of fat as it enters starvation mode.

It seems to me that your wife is a source of stability and comfort to you. Why not let her help you in the weight loss department as well? Perhaps you could work out together and meal plan together. Weight loss (at least for me) was a lot easier when I had other people to confide in.
Yeah i did, they were useless tbh :/

Could you see a different doctor at the same practice perhaps?

I was getting really bad palpitations and it took a couple of different doctors before they did a holter monitor on me. Sometimes you really have to push to get help.
X

Spoiler

That probably didn't help at all :getmecoat:
Original post by markreed
Hey, sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time lately.

Do you know for a fact that your weight gain is down to your meds? Is that a known side-effect or have you narrowed down the cause yourself?

A healthy lifestyle is something like a 70/30 split between diet and exercise. If you are eating hardly anything (which I am taking literally), then you really are doing more harm than good. You're body will conserve every last ounce of fat as it enters starvation mode.

It seems to me that your wife is a source of stability and comfort to you. Why not let her help you in the weight loss department as well? Perhaps you could work out together and meal plan together. Weight loss (at least for me) was a lot easier when I had other people to confide in.

Thanks for the reply, buddy. :smile:

ED triggers (numbers)

Original post by Midnightmemories

Spoiler

That probably didn't help at all :getmecoat:

Spoiler

Thanks for the reply, buddy. :smile:

ED triggers (numbers)

Hey, no problem :h:

Wow, how can your psychiatrist deny the potential fact that it may the new meds that might be causing weight gain if it even says so on the health and safety information leaflet? Next time you go see them, I'd definitely bring in the leaflet and point that fact out to them. Maybe they can get you onto something different in that case.

Spoiler

If your psychiatrist refuses to prescribe you different meds could you not possibly get your GP to refer you to a different psychiatrist?
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey. I've received your PM and I have read it. The only member of the PSV who is free to do things for around another week and I've been trying to catch up on some of the replies. I'll give it my proper attention tomorrow and get back to you? :redface:
Original post by markreed
Hey, no problem :h:

Wow, how can your psychiatrist deny the potential fact that it may the new meds that might be causing weight gain if it even says so on the health and safety information leaflet? Next time you go see them, I'd definitely bring in the leaflet and point that fact out to them. Maybe they can get you onto something different in that case.

Spoiler

If your psychiatrist refuses to prescribe you different meds could you not possibly get your GP to refer you to a different psychiatrist?

I actually live in the US so I can just call a different psychiatrist myself if I want to change. I'm really considering it after my last appointment and the "snacking hypothesis". Found another one in my town but will give this one one more chance because I hate having to see new people. But yeah, I googled the drug and weight gain and I had an immense number of hits so I know it's not just me.

I have a pint glass on my desk and sip it regularly and refill it with water quite a few times during the day. I also rather like green tea (no sugar) so drink a fair bit of that along with the water - this has helped me avoid snacking as I just drink tea instead to fill my stomach. Happy to hear I'm not hugely overeating.

Thank you for the advice. :smile: I don't recall seeing you around here recently, how are you?

And btw, I just spoilered the calorie counts in your post - someone pointed out the other day that things like that can be triggering for people with EDs. Just telling you incase you weren't aware; we try to make MHSS a safe place. :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest