The Student Room Group

How many of you have actually had 'serious' relationships?

A lot of people in my school have had some relationships but I personally haven't nor have I even got with a single boy as a hookup or anything. What about you guys, how far have you gone and how long did your relationships last? I'm 16 by the way.

edit: please don't PM me asking to do things, I will not reply unless I've talked to you before on a post.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aw don't worry about it - you will get a guy eventually. I find that guys come when it is least expected. the love of my life came into my world when I least expected it. believe me it will happen. just don't he desperate or anything - live life how you normally would :smile:

I have literally only gotten as far as snogging - no idea what base that is..
I have been in 6 serious relationships - counting the 'love of my life' (current boyfriend) , 8 'things'

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Meh I'm 21 and I'm yet to cross the 6-month mark :colonhash:
Reply 3
I have, but I'm 22
I'm 22. The only relationship I had was 4 months.
21,been in a relationship for 2.5 years.
Same age as you and haven't experienced anything 'serious' - had a few flings here and there but it's good to experience things and enjoy yourself before going into something like relationship.
Reply 7
Original post by Mayhem™
Same age as you and haven't experienced anything 'serious' - had a few flings here and there but it's good to experience things and enjoy yourself before going into something like relationship.

That's true, but I don't know what age I should start stuff and when to slow down after I get into that phase you know what I mean?
My most serious relationship lasted three years, although try not to make the mistake of believing that the duration of a relationship equates to how happy it is.
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
21,been in a relationship for 2.5 years.

That's good :smile: did you do anything prior?
Reply 10
I'm 20 and have never been in a relationship so... (Me commenting was pretty pointless)
Original post by Aleiya
That's true, but I don't know what age I should start stuff and when to slow down after I get into that phase you know what I mean?

I think you could start experimenting as soon as you'd like to, 16 seems like an age where you can be somewhat mature about things so I don't see why not. Depending on the experiences you could keep being casual or start being serious about your feelings towards others.
Original post by Aleiya

I think I get what you mean. Trust me, you will know when you're out of 'that phase' and ready to settle down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aleiya
That's good :smile: did you do anything prior?

Well I was 18 when we got together. I had one year old relationship prior to that when I was 17 but I wouldn't say that was incredibly serious.
Reply 15
a 2 year, a 1.5 year, and a 1 year. The downwards trend hopefully means I can be single for a bit now. Just do what you feel but don't commit to someone unless you're really sure about them or you will look back and regret it!

I have only had one relationship which made me feel serious. It didn't last too long. I have had longer relationships that felt comparatively casual

And then there's my relationship with the Queen Mother.

Edit: Did this work?
For well over a year now, but Uni now for both and we are technically not going out with each other
(started going out in Y12)
i'm 21 and have had seven serious relationships
longest 18 months and my shortest was 3 months
Nope, never been in a relationship. I'm 20.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending