The Student Room Group

12 MILLION Turks say they’ll come to the UK once EU deal is signed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
It is the left with the recent love for mass migration that has / is causing problems for all 3 of the bullet points.

You don't have to be of the left to support mass immigration, indeed i do. My objection is not to numbers but the type.
Original post by Rakas21
You don't have to be of the left to support mass immigration, indeed i do. My objection is not to numbers but the type.

It tends to be leftists that support mass migration, that is well known.
Original post by The_Opinion
It tends to be leftists that support mass migration, that is well known.

True.

My attitude is yes to immigration, no to diversity.
Like the 10 million Romanians and Bulgarians that came over as said by Farage? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Like the 10 million Romanians and Bulgarians that came over as said by Farage? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Smeggy. :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
More kebab shops and barber shops then.
Original post by Rakas21
True.

My attitude is yes to immigration, no to diversity.

To an extent I agree with you, as I believe that the numbers are less of an issue than the origin of the people moving to the UK.
Original post by Supersaps
This is so naive it's unreal.

You do realise that if we use our veto then other countries start veto'ing our proposals too, right?

There's always a huge cost for veto'ing legislation.

Not only that but the prime minster has been taped several times saying he is a passionate supporter of Turkish membership

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by paul514
Not only that but the prime minster has been taped several times saying he is a passionate supporter of Turkish membership

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since it's 'so many times', can you please link one of those?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
More kebabs, more money into the market. Appreciate the small things in life.
Original post by *Stefan*
Since it's 'so many times', can you please link one of those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLTTjWLyBhY&app=desktop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51

"As Boris said, Turkey isn't joining for decades, decades, and that's before there is a prospect at that" (paraphrasing).

Just as I expected :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"As Boris said, Turkey isn't joining for decades, decades, and that's before there is a prospect at that" (paraphrasing).

Just as I expected :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And just as I said originally he has said that.

You can say what you like about meeting criteria for joining the European Union doesn't have a great record on that.

The point is when turkey does want to join our current government is a passionate supporter of their membership and therefore our veto argument is pointless as they don't want to use it.

We the people won't be asked at that point we only have our say on June 23rd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by paul514
And just as I said originally he has said that.

You can say what you like about meeting criteria for joining the European Union doesn't have a great record on that.

The point is when turkey does want to join our current government is a passionate supporter of their membership and therefore our veto argument is pointless as they don't want to use it.

We the people won't be asked at that point we only have our say on June 23rd

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked for a specific source - you gave me something where he says the exact opposite.

Turkey will not join, as the PM says, for decades to come. Even if they meet the criteria, that is.

And not all EU members will likely accept their ascension either.

If you want to make an argument, at least make an intelligible, honest one (not that there is one to make tbh).
Reply 54
This is meant to destroy our White populations and their many ethnic groups through intermixing with others, so that no real Whites remain.
I asked for a specific source - you gave me something where he says the exact opposite.

Turkey will not join, as the PM says, for decades to come. Even if they meet the criteria, that is.

And not all EU members will likely accept their ascension either.

If you want to make an argument, at least make an intelligible, honest one (not that there is one to make tbh).

Did you watch the whole video? It has two videos of the pm.

What he was saying yesterday on tv and what he said in turkey when he became pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by paul514
Did you watch the whole video? It has two videos of the pm.

What he was saying yesterday on tv and what he said in turkey when he became pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do realise which one is much more recent right?

And Cameron won't even be the PM when this issue will, if ever, be addressed.
You do realise which one is much more recent right?

And Cameron won't even be the PM when this issue will, if ever, be addressed.

I realise one was a to interview knowing that a referendum was in a month the other was at a time he didn't know there was a referendum coming. It's not the only time he has said it either.

The point is still valid until he says he will block any attempt for Turkish membership.

The wider point will always be relevant that we won't get a say when any of the five countries in the pipeline to join do so.

The referendum is our only chance to do so - if we vote out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SemiteLog
LoL British newspapers keep washing your brains.

... and you girl, look beautiful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending