The Student Room Group

B061 ict ocr 18/05/2016 exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LaibaTrq
It was an easy paper I guess, but I probably dropped marks on some of the questions for rushing.
What do you guys think the grade boundary will be for an A?

Like 38, it hardly changes
That's what I am saying!!!
Wow, you've gotten two A*'s in your coursework?! That's great!!!
How do you know the grade boundaries?
For B062, I had gotten 54/60
For B064, I had gotten 47/60
What grade would that be overall??

I have just been doing past papers and have covered very little of the content. I don't know whether I should be scared or not! But to be fair, I have been getting about an A on the past papers, so maybe it will go well?

Your first coursework (54/60) would be equivalent to an A*.
The second coursework (47/60) is equivalent to a B - one mark off an A.
Overall your coursework would be equivalent to 101/120 - A.

My courseworks are:
57/60 - A* (First coursework) - Unofficial
and
57/60 - A* (Second coursework) - Unofficial

Overall my coursework is:
114/120 - A*. - Unofficial

The grade boundaries are:
36/60 - C (Individual)
OR
72/120 - C (Combined)

42/60 - B (Individual)
OR
84/120 - B (Combined)

48/60 - A (Individual)
OR
96/120 - A (Combined)

54/60 - A* (Individual)
OR
108/120 - A* (Combined).

I don't know what coursework you did but I did "Sam's Custom Built Computers" and "Theme Park Website". I don't think the grade boundaries would differ too much anyway.

All of these grade boundaries are according to my teacher and they are the same for the exams. I don't think they would or even should change these boundaries.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Champion171299
Your first coursework (54/60) would be equivalent to an A*.
The second coursework (47/60) is equivalent to a B - one mark off an A.
Overall your coursework would be equivalent to 101/120 - A.

My courseworks are:
57/60 - A* (First coursework) - Unofficial
and
57/60 - A* (Second coursework) - Unofficial

Overall my coursework is:
114/120 - A*. - Unofficial

The grade boundaries are:
36/60 - C (Individual)
OR
72/120 - C (Combined)

42/60 - B (Individual)
OR
84/120 - B (Combined)

48/60 - A (Individual)
OR
96/120 - A (Combined)

54/60 - A* (Individual)
OR
108/120 - A* (Combined).

I don't know what coursework you did but I did "Sam's Custom Built Computers" and "Theme Park Website". I don't think the grade boundaries would differ too much anyway.

All of these grade boundaries are according to my teacher and they are the same for the exams. I don't think they would or even should change these boundaries.

The boundaries really don't work like that. You've gone off base UMS and the exam has NEVER gone off the base UMS for Raw marks. It's hard to explain but all I can say is that it's lower than you think (My mum used to work for AQA, she used to examine FP1 and explained it all to me)
Original post by Gunjo
The boundaries really don't work like that. You've gone off base UMS and the exam has NEVER gone off the base UMS for Raw marks. It's hard to explain but all I can say is that it's lower than you think (My mum used to work for AQA, she used to examine FP1 and explained it all to me)

Alright. Well, if it's lower then that's good!
Reply 24
Original post by Champion171299
Alright. Well, if it's lower then that's good!

It's always lower than you think with OCR Ict :tongue:

Good luck tomorrow
Original post by Gunjo
It's always lower than you think with OCR Ict :tongue:

Good luck tomorrow

Thanks.
Hi everyone. Hope all your exams are going well and I hope the B061 exam went well too.

Personally, I think I didn't do well. I made some silly errors!

How is everyone revising B063, is everyone just using the zigzag materials specifically for B063. Any thoughts ideas on questions that may come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
How did everyone find b063?

Posted from TSR Mobile
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 29
Yh, b061 was hard Imo, however b063 was much more manageable. What did you get for the ways to view performance on the website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For that one I wrote something about being able to analyse/view data using graphs eg line graphs and I think I said something about viewing performance in tables on the website. I think I flopped that question lol. What did you write?
Reply 31
I wrote about viewing performance with spreadsheets and videos. I jus guessed tho lol. I'm no good a ICT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
--
(edited 6 years ago)
I wrote the same exact thing as you. My teacher said that for the graphs bit we will probably get marks but he is not sure about the rest.

Ahh okay cool, do you remember how many marks that question was worth?
Original post by GeekMode1
Ahh okay cool, do you remember how many marks that question was worth?

I believe it was four, one for identifying and one for explaining for each suggestion
Can't just be me who thought B061 was really hard? B063 seemed quite easy though but I wouldn't be surprised if I made loads of mistakes. As far as coursework, what did you all get? I did the highest in my year group and mine wasn't all that impressive.
I found B061 hard too! I made such silly mistakes as well to make it even worse.

My school is a bit weird when it comes to coursework marks - they never tell us the exact mark. As far as I know though, I got A* in both coursework's.

B063 was much better than B061.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending