The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

glad that tinpot Walsall didn't come and join the midlands league. Hopefully Barnsely beat Millwall in the final!
Christ, Millwall are going to be tough to beat.
Original post by hskjlclcn
glad that tinpot Walsall didn't come and join the midlands league. Hopefully Barnsely beat Millwall in the final!

Haha me too mate!
Hopefully we'll have a better season this time, with Dicko returning
Sheffield United's squad is severely depleted - 10 players released, and a fair few returning to their parent clubs.

We're the worst team in the West Midlands now, quite an achievement. What's it like in the dizzy heights of tier two?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Christ, Millwall are going to be tough to beat.

Yet they lost to us twice, makes sense that they go up. I maintain that nobody who lost to us after New Year should go up, so it's Barnsley for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Wavefunction
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

Huge news.

Needs 90% of clubs to agree in a vote next summer.

Original post by Midlander
This has made sense for some time with the rising number of full time non league clubs. Though to create the 5th division that will mean 'relegating' the bottom half of League 2, which is what happened when they made the old Division 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by The Wavefunction
It'll also mean a loss in revenue for big teams, 4 less home matches. I think it may also lead to the introduction of Premier league B teams into the FL.

Original post by TomH1
I think the 5 leagues is a good idea, especially as people have mentioned with the increasing numbers of non-league clubs being pro anyway - but I am 100% against prem sides having "B" teams in the same league system. That's what reserves/u21s are for! I get that reserve leagues aren't as competitive and so might not be as good for player development as the FL, but I just can't stand the idea of the big clubs having 2 teams.

I am in favour of the idea of four 20 team divisions- would like the bottom to be a north and south division, so reducing travelling for most away fans and also making it a practical option for a team promoted from the National League to be part-time if they are and wish to continue to do so.
Original post by jakesidhu
Haha me too mate!
Hopefully we'll have a better season this time, with Dicko returning

Got to be the hope! For a season to miss as a wolves fan, the year just gone was the ideal one. Dicko & Graham playing together sounds exciting on paper at least.

Original post by Midlander
We're the worst team in the West Midlands now, quite an achievement. What's it like in the dizzy heights of tier two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is an achievement and a half mate, stick it on the club honours :wink: well apparently from everything i've heard last year was incredibly mediocre, so I can't wait to see who we sell this summer for "footballing reasons"
Got to be the hope! For a season to miss as a wolves fan, the year just gone was the ideal one. Dicko & Graham playing together sounds exciting on paper at least.

That is an achievement and a half mate, stick it on the club honours :wink: well apparently from everything i've heard last year was incredibly mediocre, so I can't wait to see who we sell this summer for "footballing reasons"

Wish Morgan could sell the club for footballing reasons
Original post by barnetlad
I am in favour of the idea of four 20 team divisions- would like the bottom to be a north and south division, so reducing travelling for most away fans and also making it a practical option for a team promoted from the National League to be part-time if they are and wish to continue to do so.

Yes that makes sense though remains hard for Midlands clubs :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
This is the best example Nottingham Forest at home with a two goal lead and blowing it against Yeovil.

Amazing game. :yep:
Original post by jakesidhu
Wish Morgan could sell the club for footballing reasons

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
I'm hopeful it's Wednesday, Barnsley who go up, but I'm not too fussed about League Two. I quite like both clubs.
I really want Wednesday to come up
Hopefully Wednesday, Barnsley and Wombledon, although i've probably cursed them all now!
Original post by sr90
I really want Wednesday to come up

It'd show how far they've come since the start of the season. Everyone laughed when they appointed Carvalhal, too.
Original post by Mackay
It'd show how far they've come since the start of the season. Everyone laughed when they appointed Carvalhal, too.

Indeed and rightly so to some degree :tongue: I don't regret questioning his CV one bit as to be fair he was 5 years out of a managers job (Technical Director at a Middle East club can only count for so much) and had jumped around Europe in short stints. Have to say I still feel sorry for Stuart Gray who was sacked for virtually no good reason.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Indeed and rightly so to some degree :tongue: I don't regret questioning his CV one bit as to be fair he was 5 years out of a managers job (Technical Director at a Middle East club can only count for so much) and had jumped around Europe in short stints. Have to say I still feel sorry for Stuart Gray who was sacked for virtually no good reason.

Gray was more my point. The dismissal had similarities with Pearson at Leicester for me. It seemed needless at the time, but has worked out exceptionally.
I just managed to get a ticket for Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley this weekend :biggrin:
What do we think of the take over for Bradford ? I think its a good move but just a bit weary about new owners, just look at what happend to Charlton

Quick Reply

Latest