The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4900
Original post by TitanCream
Eeek, Del Rio in my opinion should be at least high-middle card. He is really talented, but his lack of charisma is hindering him.

A face turn would be best for him at this point, to be honest. He and Rusev could have a very good feud over the US strap.
Original post by Mackay
A face turn would be best for him at this point, to be honest. He and Rusev could have a very good feud over the US strap.

The problem is, he's so dull its hard to really buy into him.
Reply 4902
The problem is, he's so dull its hard to really buy into him.

But at this point, his heel gimmick is stale. Rusev seems to be in line for the US Championship, you've got the Miz and Kevin Owens pushed towards the other one, the Club are heels bar AJ Styles, Jericho's heel run is red hot, Triple H is returning and will be a heel, as will Randy Orton soon, and Reigns is a tweener.

A face turn - and a feud with Rusev before Cena returns - would be good for him.
Charlotte fixing her hair during a sharpshooter, then walking off casually and normally afterwards. Ok then.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Charlotte fixing her hair during a sharpshooter, then walking off casually and normally afterwards. Ok then.

Nearly as amusing as those Cesaro uppercuts in the corner to Owens, who was clearly running off his own momentum into them. What would've been said if it was Reigns....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4905
Another good RAW - and pleasing to see the women get the main segment, even if Charlotte and Natalya is a weak programme considering the strength of previous feuds.

Los Matadores' new gimmick is an absolute joke - and was met by total indifference from the crowd, and viewers. They're dead in the water.

But the tag team division is strong. Big Cass is getting booked well in Enzo's absence, and that makes sense. It keeps their momentum up and keeps the crowd reaction hot. Elsewhere, the Vaudevillians and the New Day are enjoying a great feud - and the latter's japes with the 'time travel machine' was laugh-out-loud funny.

In reality, I thought the Vaudevillians would struggle - but they are excelling. And why? Because, like the Miz, they are good, old fashioned heels. It isn't cool to like them.

The Club/AJ Styles/The Usos/Roman Reigns programme continues to be one of the most deep and complex the WWE has created. Who are we meant to cheer for? Both are exhibiting heel traits - and face traits. It's great storytelling.

Rusev was booked strong and needed a beat down like that. I hope he wins the strap from Kalisto, but the latter's weak booking on RAW hints the company will keep the title on him for the foreseeable. del Rio and Kalisto put on a really good contest, and the only weak match I saw last night (other than the returning Los Matadores) was the waste of time that was R Truth and Goldust vs Tyler Breeze and Fandango.

Not much else to say, really. The IC title angle is really enjoyable, and all four competitors are great in the ring (how much has the Miz improved?) and Chris Jericho continues to shine in his heel run. I can't wait for his match with Dean Ambrose at Extreme Rules - even if an Asylum Match is a bit of a gimmick.
Reply 4906
SmackDown spoilers for this week:

- Kevin Owens def. Cesaro following distractions from Sami Zayn and The Miz.
- Dana Brooke def. Paige. Becky Lynch was on commentary.
- Dolph Ziggler def. Sheamus. After the match, Baron Corbin cut a promo on The Showoff and their match at Extreme Rules.
- Chris Jericho cut a promo about Sunday's Asylum match. Ambrose, disguised as a member of the ring crew, jumped Jericho. He delivered a few shots with a kendo stick and stood tall to end the segment.
- A Darren Young and Bob Backlund training vignette aired.
- Big Cass and WWE tag team champions The New Day def. The Vaudevillains and The Dudley Boyz when Cass pinned Bubba Ray.
- Roman Reigns vs. Luke Gallows ended in a disqualification when AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and The Usos interfered. Styles caught Reigns with a Pele Kick and chair shot before standing tall to end the show.
Original post by Mackay
Another good RAW - and pleasing to see the women get the main segment, even if Charlotte and Natalya is a weak programme considering the strength of previous feuds.

Los Matadores' new gimmick is an absolute joke - and was met by total indifference from the crowd, and viewers. They're dead in the water.

But the tag team division is strong. Big Cass is getting booked well in Enzo's absence, and that makes sense. It keeps their momentum up and keeps the crowd reaction hot. Elsewhere, the Vaudevillians and the New Day are enjoying a great feud - and the latter's japes with the 'time travel machine' was laugh-out-loud funny.

In reality, I thought the Vaudevillians would struggle - but they are excelling. And why? Because, like the Miz, they are good, old fashioned heels. It isn't cool to like them.

The Club/AJ Styles/The Usos/Roman Reigns programme continues to be one of the most deep and complex the WWE has created. Who are we meant to cheer for? Both are exhibiting heel traits - and face traits. It's great storytelling.

Rusev was booked strong and needed a beat down like that. I hope he wins the strap from Kalisto, but the latter's weak booking on RAW hints the company will keep the title on him for the foreseeable. del Rio and Kalisto put on a really good contest, and the only weak match I saw last night (other than the returning Los Matadores) was the waste of time that was R Truth and Goldust vs Tyler Breeze and Fandango.

Not much else to say, really. The IC title angle is really enjoyable, and all four competitors are great in the ring (how much has the Miz improved?) and Chris Jericho continues to shine in his heel run. I can't wait for his match with Dean Ambrose at Extreme Rules - even if an Asylum Match is a bit of a gimmick.

I definitely agree with you, Raw was quite impressive. I'm also looking forward to the Asylum Match between Ambrose and Jericho. I'm not sure if there is going to be any bloodshed, but from past matches, a significant example in the Hell In A Call match between Rollins and Ambrose, it's evident that Ambrose can tell just as good as a story and sell a decent hard-core match without it. True, I would personally be amazed if they did let them bleed, but I don't think that it would be necessary. I also would like to think that this would be Ambrose's gimmick match. If it was something that happened every year at Extreme Rules with Ambrose luring in another victim for a visit to the Ambrose Asylum, then that would be fantastic.

I'm glad that finally Kalisto has a decent feud as United States Champion against Rusev, and it's great to see two stars with great potential being pushed. I'm also happy that the women main evented Raw. For a few years I felt that Natalya was not being used properly; she has fantastic potential and is a highly skilled wrestler. Hopefully, without Ric Flair at ringside during their Submission Match at Extreme Rules, we could see Natalya becoming the new Women's Champion.
I just hope that the last Smackdown before Extreme Rules will add to the anticipation and the build-up.
Reply 4908
SmackDown looks promising this week - the company continues with the ambiguous booking of the IC title picture, and the Reigns/AJ feud, and Big Cass is booked strongly.

It's good to see Sheamus make a return to the ring, too.

The only negative right now is WWE's misuse of Paige.
Hopefully this won't be a one off week where both Raw and Smackdown were pretty good. I do wish that they would use Paige better too; she's got good mic skills, decent ring skills... I reckon that if they returned her to her NXT Anti-Diva gimmick they would be able to book her much better. I prefer NXT Paige to WWE Paige.
What about Dana Brooke's debut? I think that she has great potential. She has something about her that reminds me of Beth Phoenix, and I just hope that they don't go bust with her too. Also, when do you reckon Bayley will make her debut? I don't think it will be for a while, or at least until the Women's division in NXT is built up to how it was when you had the Four Horsewomen.
I like the Shining Stars, they looked very vicious.
Reply 4911
I like the Shining Stars, they looked very vicious.

You joking?

Their gimmick is already dead in the water. Zero crowd reaction.
Reply 4912
Extreme Rules predictions:

- Baron Corbin def. Dolph Ziggler.
- The Club def. The Usos.
- Rusev def. Kalisto for the US Championship.
- Charlotte def. Natalya to retain the Women's Championship.
- The Miz def. Cesaro, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in a Fatal Four-Way to retain the Intercontinental Championship.
- Dean Ambrose def. Chris Jericho.
- The New Day def. The Vaudevillians to retain the WWE Tag=Team Championships.
- Roman Reigns def. AJ Styles to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Reply 4913
Cody Rhodes released by WWE after asking for his contract termination.
Are all matches at Extreme Rules fought under extreme rules or? Haven't watched WWE in ages tbh but I've got the Network now, originally just to start reworking my way through WCW and ECW again but I might give the PPV a watch since it's included.
First time I'm watching a live PPV since the WWF vs Alliance finale at Survivor Series 2001 :biggrin:

I call The Club screwing over AJ.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC
First time I'm watching a live PPV since the WWF vs Alliance finale at Survivor Series 2001 :biggrin:

I call The Club screwing over AJ.

Even better ending to be fair. Rollins return was brilliant, but I hope they're not gonna keep Roman damn face and try get Rollins over as a heel now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Even better ending to be fair. Rollins return was brilliant, but I hope they're not gonna keep Roman damn face and try get Rollins over as a heel now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh but why why why doesn't AJ get a run :frown: Great to see Seth back but it's just unfortunate timing for AJ I guess, WWE obviously wants a Reigns vs Seth feud over the title. I give up all hope for the WWE writing team if they try and book Reigns as the face :rofl:
Reply 4918
He's back! Get in. Seth Rollins, that's what I call a pop.

His return has really excited me, and his return as a babyface will cement his place as the star of the company in my view. We know that he can be a killer heel, but as a babyface, he'll allow Reigns to turn heel and this programme and feud can just run through summer.

The main event was exceptional, and gives WWE the chance to freshen up the main event scene now, as well as give AJ Styles some character development and allow him to capitalise on his frustration, perhaps leading to a feud with The Club.

The intercontinental match was great, too. It is absolutely the right decision to keep the strap on The Miz. He has shown he is a decent in-ring worker in recent weeks, and has come on leaps and bounds. The match gave us plenty of high spots, which isn't surprising given the quality the quartet have served up on both RAW and SmackDown in recent weeks. This feud can now be extended because the Miz retained.

There were plenty of negatives on the show. Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin shouldn't have been a No DQ match, because weapons weren't utilised, and the length of the bout hurt it. Corbin should have gone over quicker. Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho served up a disappointing point that was bordering on the silly, too. Ambrose needed a more decisive win to rebound from the disappointment of his WM32 clash with Brock Lesnar.

It's great to see Rusev win the US Championship, though. With John Cena set to return, the secondary championships look taken care of because that duo should definitely feud for the US strap. The New Day deserve the tag team championships a little while longer, too. So I'm glad they retained. The Vaudevillians are impressing me, though. They just need to wind the crowd up a bit more, draw some
more heat, and they'll get a title run ahead of Enzo's return from injury. WWE is being smart to keep Big Cass prominent on our screens - and they're booking him strongly, suggesting they believe in him.
Also that ending to the Womens match? Wtf?

Natalya should just leave seriously. Charlotte just riding on the coattails of her father.

Quick Reply

Latest