The Student Room Group

Edexcel M1(Mechanics 1) method mark

Is it better not to label our working? Becuase in 2014 january paper, I found max speed of train B in question 8(b) already but the mark scheme writes that the method mark for finding max speed of B must be seen in (d) even it may have been found in (b). So will I lose one mark for this?:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by tgygt
Is it better not to label our working? Becuase in 2014 january paper, I found max speed of train B in question 8(b) already but the mark scheme writes that the method mark for finding max speed of B must be seen in (d) even it may have been found in (b). So will I lose one mark for this?:frown:

The mark scheme says that the max speed value (100/3) must be seen in d). But the method for finding it can be in b) or d).

You haven't attached the question but I'm assuming that you use the max speed value in d) so you would get the method mark even if the working was in b).
Reply 2
Original post by notnek
The mark scheme says that the max speed value (100/3) must be seen in d). But the method for finding it can be in b) or d).

You haven't attached the question but I'm assuming that you use the max speed value in d) so you would get the method mark even if the working was in b).

Yes you're right I've used the found value of max speed in d):tongue:
But it reads like the examiner wannt to see the method in d)
How to be sure of that?

Thanks for replying!!:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by tgygt
Yes you're right I've used the found value of max speed in d):tongue:
But it reads like the examiner wannt to see the method in d)
How to be sure of that?

Thanks for replying!!:biggrin:

It's definitely not clear. I read it as only the value needs to be seen to get the M1. And I would have thought that's what they mean since it would be unfair to penalise you if you have the method in b).

Could you attach the question? It may make it clearer for me.
Reply 4
Original post by notnek
It's definitely not clear. I read it as only the value needs to be seen to get the M1. And I would have thought that's what they mean since it would be unfair to penalise you if you have the method in b).

Could you attach the question? It may make it clearer for me.

m3.jpg

Mark scheme:http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20Advanced%20Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam%20materials/WME01_01_msc_20140306.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest