The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all taking this extra cheeky exam :biggrin:
Lol ocr
Fairly challenging exam but one I am sure everyone here could handle. 18 marker was terrifyingly vague but definitely overcomeable, tho some of the interest rate questions/current account ones were difficult
Original post by Tilling
Fairly challenging exam but one I am sure everyone here could handle. 18 marker was terrifyingly vague but definitely overcomeable, tho some of the interest rate questions/current account ones were difficult

Fairly....
never seen a one mark question before!!!
What were people;s points for the essay? And also what figures did people get for the calculation, and did people write appreciation or depreciation for the japanese yen question
I've just realised I read the wrong lines for the question about the policies...
What did everyone for the expected increase in the UK's Real GDP by the end of 2013? I got 2.6%
Original post by alicec11
What were people;s points for the essay? And also what figures did people get for the calculation, and did people write appreciation or depreciation for the japanese yen question

I can't remember my figures but I wrote appreciation

I wrote down depreciation. There was approx. a 43% decrease, wbu?
Original post by Zeebaybz
I can't remember my figures but I wrote appreciation

Oh phew thank goodness I wrote depreciation at first but then changed to appreciation :smile:)
Also, what did everyone write for the reduction in unemployment benefits and how it will increase unemployment? I mentioned that a reduction in unemployment-related benefits is likely to reduce consumption, less supply is required in order to sustain the reduced level of output. As a result, this will mean that firms lay off workers - increased unemployment.
What did y'all say for the analyse why a reduction in benefits may increase unemployment?
Original post by Economelia
Also, what did everyone write for the reduction in unemployment benefits and how it will increase unemployment? I mentioned that a reduction in unemployment-related benefits is likely to reduce consumption, less supply is required in order to sustain the reduced level of output. As a result, this will mean that firms lay off workers - increased unemployment.

Smarttttttttttt I messed this question up
Original post by Economelia

Thats what I wrote as well, did you need to evaluate it cause I didnt
Original post by Zeebaybz
Smarttttttttttt I messed this question up

Same.
Thats what I wrote as well, did you need to evaluate it cause I didnt

I didn't evaluate it as I believe the question was worded 'Explain' or 'Analyse', one of the two! :smile:
Reply 377
Which did you guys find harder? F581 or F582

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay guys, as before I've made a Google Docs page for the Unofficial Mark-scheme. The link is below, please click on it and request access, and I will let you in. For now, please only request access to help remember the questions and collaborate, and the mark scheme will be published later in the day!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15w-a2J4X3xJDwJYVL0JVCZnIHgoRcK53k4uDgRgiBy8/edit?usp=sharing
what did u guys wrote for the question analyse why u/e may increase with reduction in u/e benefits?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending