The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Rigby16;65069449"]
Original post by mali473
Not really because they're seperate

Posted from T

You would. The AQA textbooks states 3 approaches the behaviourist being one and in the textbook SLT comes under the behaviourist umberalla.

If it's asking for the behaviourist approach you don't talk about SLT. If the question asks for learning approaches you mention both behavioural and slt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 241
I'd also add with evaluations of 'fight and flight' in the impact it has on physical health, and how it's triggered by everyday modern stressors - so high blood pressure, increase heart-rate, increase breathing and digestion inhibition. All these can cause long-term complications - high blood pressure, damaged blood vessels, cardiac problems, digestive problems, weight-loss...ect...

Just in-case, but I don't think it'll come-up either.
Could someone tell me evaluation points for Ellis and Beck because I'm using the same ones for both of them
Hoping for this question " name the researcher and the animal used for classical conditioning and operant conditioning." Lololololol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xsrajabx
Hoping for this question " name the researcher and the animal used for classical conditioning and operant conditioning." Lololololol

Posted from TSR Mobile

That question in paper 1 was a gift from the heavens :u:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! Let's hope the biological approach and the biological explanation/treatments for OCD doesn't come up! :smile:
Reply 246
good luck everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Panic Queen
Could someone tell me evaluation points for Ellis and Beck because I'm using the same ones for both of them

Evaluation of the Negative Triad
+ There is a great deal of supporting evidence to suggest that negative and irrational thinkingcauses depression. Terry (2000) assessed 65 pregnant women for cognitive vulnerability anddepression before and after they gave birth. It was found that women who had a highcognitive vulnerability (they thought negatively) were more likely to suffer post-partumdepression. This supports the cognitive approach that negative thinking can cause depression.
- Cause and effect is not clear. Can we say that negative and irrational thoughts causedepression to develop; or could we say that depression develops first (from a different source)and then this causes the patient to think in a negative and irrational way?
- The negative triad can be criticised, because it does not explain how some symptoms ofdepression might develop. Some depressed patients develop hallucinations and Beck’s theoryfails to account for this.

Evaluation of ABC Model
+ There is research to support the idea of the ABC model as a cause of depression. Bates(1999) found that depressed participants who were given negative thought statements becamemore and more depressed; supporting the view that negative thinking helps to causedepression.
- Although the ABC model gives the client some power to change the situation and improvetheir symptoms of depression, it blames the client for the depression.
- The biological approach suggests that genes and neurotransmitters (low levels of serotonin)may cause depression. Zhang (2005) found that there is a gene related to depression thatmakes it ten times more likely for someone to develop the illness.
Original post by JessThomas6
The only 12 marker for bio-psych is on the fight or flight response. Evaluation points include the fact that for women the response is more of a "tend and befriend" to protect their young which is caused by the release of Oxytocin, it doesn't explain anything, and the negative effects on the body.
It's very possible that it could be a 12 marker.

is the worry circuit gonna come up in the exam because its not actually in the text book?
is the worry circuit gonna come up in the exam because its not actually in the text book?
Can someone please tell me How many marks out of 70 do you think is a D??
Reply 251
Original post by hopeless.student
Can someone please tell me How many marks out of 70 do you think is a D??

probably 50% so around 35 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Moo
Evaluation of the Negative Triad
+ There is a great deal of supporting evidence to suggest that negative and irrational thinkingcauses depression. Terry (2000) assessed 65 pregnant women for cognitive vulnerability anddepression before and after they gave birth. It was found that women who had a highcognitive vulnerability (they thought negatively) were more likely to suffer post-partumdepression. This supports the cognitive approach that negative thinking can cause depression.
- Cause and effect is not clear. Can we say that negative and irrational thoughts causedepression to develop; or could we say that depression develops first (from a different source)and then this causes the patient to think in a negative and irrational way?
- The negative triad can be criticised, because it does not explain how some symptoms ofdepression might develop. Some depressed patients develop hallucinations and Beck’s theoryfails to account for this.

Evaluation of ABC Model
+ There is research to support the idea of the ABC model as a cause of depression. Bates(1999) found that depressed participants who were given negative thought statements becamemore and more depressed; supporting the view that negative thinking helps to causedepression.
- Although the ABC model gives the client some power to change the situation and improvetheir symptoms of depression, it blames the client for the depression.
- The biological approach suggests that genes and neurotransmitters (low levels of serotonin)may cause depression. Zhang (2005) found that there is a gene related to depression thatmakes it ten times more likely for someone to develop the illness.

Thank you SO much!! This was really helpful x
Is ego on the paper? I remember learning about it but CPG has nothing about it.
Original post by Adores
Is ego on the paper? I remember learning about it but CPG has nothing about it.

I don't think so, in my book it says is it part of A level, not as level. I haven't been taught it yet anyway
Original post by Laurenloops
I don't think so, in my book it says is it part of A level, not as level. I haven't been taught it yet anyway

Thank you! No idea why my teach sent me a bunch of links on it.
1hour left good luck everybody
Good luck everyone! I hope the test paper treats you well! :u:
Reply 258
How did you find it?
The paper was so awsome😝 How did everyone else find it and what did you choose for the cognotive therapy multiple choice question

Quick Reply

Latest