The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adriansiuyikto
what did u guys wrote for the question analyse why u/e may increase with reduction in u/e benefits?

Someones answered this already on the previous page
Original post by adriansiuyikto
what did u guys wrote for the question analyse why u/e may increase with reduction in u/e benefits?

A cut in benefits, will mean that decrease comsumption of those u/employed as they have less money to spend. decrease in C leads to fall in Ad as C is a component of Ad, as a result of fall in AD realgdp/output falls, firms need less workers as output is low hence u/ment increases. Lack of demand from lack of consumption- demand deficient unemployment
Disadvantages of Labour Force Survey?
The decline in total output question was a killer!! I had no idea what to say
Reply 384
Original post by alicec11
Disadvantages of Labour Force Survey?

I mentioned information accuracy In the data collection process and the cost I think
Reply 385
Sorry but OCR are fuccbois with their "accessible" questions
Was there a question about how a reduction in U/E benefits will reduce U/E? I can't remember if that was a question or I put it as an evaluative comment on UE benefits increasing UE... how many marks was that question? 4?
Original post by xs4
I mentioned information accuracy In the data collection process and the cost I think

I said something to do with people possibly lieing about employment status and the fact that the sample may not be representative if everyone asked is unemployed etc... is that right?
I got 200 000 more unemployed in Japan

And 60.7bn for the last calculation

Anyone else?
Original post by Piers456

Anyone else?

Yeah I got the same for the Japan one and I got 60 something for the last calculation, don't remember specifically
Reply 390

Anyone else?

I also got 200,000 more unemployed in japan
62.7 for the other
Original post by alicec11
The decline in total output question was a killer!! I had no idea what to say

Same.
A) -Higher Band Tax rates
-Higher Welfare Payments

B) -More expensive
-Less up to date

C) 200 000

3. -corp tax
-privitisation
-deregulation
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 393
The last one was a 0.0256 so 2.6% increase (I put 2.5 ffs). And yes 2.4m unemployed in UK and 2.6m in Japan. It was labor force and not population so I hope u guys recognized that.

I flopped the 18 mark question couldn't stick to the topic. Sure I wasn't the only one!
Original post by Berke0
The last one was a 0.0256 so 2.6% increase (I put 2.5 ffs). And yes 2.4m unemployed in UK and 2.6m in Japan. It was labor force and not population so I hope u guys recognized that.

I flopped the 18 mark question couldn't stick to the topic. Sure I wasn't the only one!

It didn't ask for a percentage... ?
Reply 395
It didn't ask for a percentage... ?

Guess I was wrong then Piers
What did people say for the last question. Spoke about short run vs sustainable long economic growth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Original post by MrSplash
Same.

Depends on level of economic activity and state of other* objectives.

If close t full capacity they will decrease spending even tho output is falling to help reduce inflation
Original post by Viableplayground
What did people say for the last question. Spoke about short run vs sustainable long economic growth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I spoke about what economic growth does to the economy in respect to achieving the macro economic objectives and then wrote evaluative points about how it may not also achieve the marco economic objectives such as depends on the amount of spare capacity, how high the inflation rate / unemployment rate actually were before they were decreased, depends on how big the economic growth actually is etc.
What did everyone put for the currency effecting AD question? Depreciation or appreciation??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending