The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Anyone do 'the Crucible'? (AQA) If so, how did it go and what question do you pick?
Original post by Marcuspdown
Was the first question on the Crucible to analyse the role of TWO women or one?

2 women xx
Reply 922
Original post by 11ahf
I wrote 8, four for Woman in Black, four for OMAM.

I'm so unsure of how I did in OMAM, I wrote very different things to a lot of other people. I wrote about how the voices created a crescendo to Lennie's death and how the men being "much" closer showed how the time was quickly running out for George and how he wished he had more time. I also wrote about how "crashing" illustrated the crashing of George and Lennie's dream and suggested carelessness and it all happening very fast and other bull... I also wrote about Curley's wife and Slim for part B! Did anyone else do the same?

I did almost exactly the same for part a but for part b I did George and crooks
Original post by 123moon
Anyone do 'the Crucible'? (AQA) If so, how did it go and what question do you pick?

I picked the first question, and messed up. It asked for two women, but I misread and only analysed one.... ugh... :colonhash: Wonder how many marks I'll lose. That being said, I did go into quite a lot of detail with Abigail, so I'm hoping I'll still get SOME.
Original post by MeganMcAlister
For the Crucible, I only wrote about how Miller presented two of the women (Elizabeth and Abigail), and I'm so scared incase I completely messed it up :frown: Of Mice and Men wasn't too bad, although I dont think i wrote enough for part b

Don't worry - you did it right! :smile: The question asked us to pick 2 characters
The grade boundaries are going to be high for that exam. Apparently it's 38/68 for a C.
Original post by safiajirreh41
And I embedded some of the quotes but I analysed more to get the top marks

I probably got 30/30 for Inspector Calls last year in June 2015 (because I spent 11 minutes on Of mice and men section + misread part (a) and almost got an A* in that test.

I had so many embedded quotes, I also used very short quotes 1-3 words, and explained the words or a certain word in the quote and how it related to the novel / how it's shown or whatever. I also had an alternative interpretation for almost every quote (2 different meanings of the same quote) and of course effect on reader and explained that. I also had a paragraph analysis the language used (by Mr Birling - as he came up in the June 2015 exam)

Good luck!
is anyone doing Woman in Black?
for OMAM I'm preetyy sure I failed I wrote 2 pages and a quarter but mainly I was just annotating the text I wrote one paragraph for the second bit.
is it possible to still get an A if I got like a C In this paper but in paper 2 got a grade B and my control assessment was grade A?
Also does anyone know how much 25% of English lit control assessment is worth in marks?
thanks.
Original post by Anygy
I picked the first question, and messed up. It asked for two women, but I misread and only analysed one.... ugh... :colonhash: Wonder how many marks I'll lose. That being said, I did go into quite a lot of detail with Abigail, so I'm hoping I'll still get SOME.

I literally did the same thing what do u think will happen ?
Reply 929
Original post by ScrewTheExams
How much did you write for part (b)? Because part (a) and (b) is marked as a whole, not seperately, so if you even done more for part (a) and it's good then you'll get a decent mark. If you were running out of time I would have mixed part (a) together with (b), so that you answer both and get the marks as it's marked as a whole.

Overall I wrote 2.5 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAM including both sections
Original post by Jamie Vardy
The grade boundaries are going to be high for that exam. Apparently it's 38/68 for a C.

errrrmmmm whaaaaat?
okay that's it fml Ive failed.
where did u find this out from?
Original post by Anygy

Seriously don't worry about it!
I bet you did better than me and i did two women :redface:
What do you think about grade boundaries will be like? I need a B but idk sounds like everyone else did amazing
Anyway, good luck with poetry on Friday and anything else you have in-between! :smile:
Reply 932
Anyone do the Kindertransport section?
How did it go?
What question did you answer?
Original post by dee08
Overall I wrote 2.5 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAM including both sections

I wrote similar, I wrote about 3 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAN but rushed it so bad because I literally spent 11 minutes on the whole section for OMAN, yet I still managed to get a high A, almost an A* in that same exam.

I did the exam last year June 2015.

5 pages overall is enough. Good luck!
Original post by AKDbbb
I literally did the same thing what do u think will happen ?

Honestly no idea. I have a feeling that we probably won't be getting over 20 marks. But hope for the best! I'm counting on my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be spot on :angry:

WHAT!?!!!! *goes to get gun and shoots self in head just like George did to Lennie*
I'm dead then… and it will probably be higher this year :frown:

Lol that will probably be a B, or 1-2 marks off it at most.
Original post by 123moon
WHAT!?!!!! *goes to get gun and shoots self in head just like George did to Lennie*
I'm dead then… and it will probably be higher this year :frown:

I can't see it go that high. It was higher for my exam last year in June 2015 than June 2014 and 13.

38/68 will most likely be a B, or 1 mark off it lol.
[QUOTE="Anygy;65074713"]Honestly no idea. I have a feeling that we probably won't be getting over 20 marks. But hope for the best! I'm counting on my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be spot on :angry:[/QUOTE

But the thing is i did contrast rebecca like probably 2 or at least 3 times to abigail in detail
Original post by 123moon
Seriously don't worry about it!
I bet you did better than me and i did two women :redface:
What do you think about grade boundaries will be like? I need a B but idk sounds like everyone else did amazing
Anyway, good luck with poetry on Friday and anything else you have in-between! :smile:

Last year, you needed at least 45/68 for an A ( 37/68 for a B) and the boundaries only seem to be getting higher bit by bit :frown: Eh, hopefully I didn't lose TOO many marks, but I'm worried content-wise. I feel like they asked for two characters for a reason :s-smilie:

You'll probably get what you're aiming for!! And good luck to you too!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending