The Student Room Group

AS level resits

Hey I was wondering if It does look bad if i were to resit the as level exams that count for the overall a level, especially C1 C2 (maybe s1) For AQA maths and the spanish speaking exam (AS)

This year I'm achieving around D/E and I was wondering if it would put me at a massive disadvantage?

Thank you :wink:
Original post by qsom
You mean a greater disadvantage than you would have anyway for getting low grades? what?. Resitting is only a disadvantage if you resit, then get the same or lower grades as someone who didn't need to resit. By resitting you can get your teachers to predict you higher grades for the overall a level too.

I mean a greater disadvantage compared to other people that have the grades without resits.
I'm worried uni's will look at my results before the resit especially for maths (As i want to apply for science) and I won't be accepted because they make you an offer before I even do the resits.

Thank you so much for the response :smile:
I don't think anyone sees that you resit, they just see the overall A-level grade?
Original post by BerniHurton
I don't think anyone sees that you resit, they just see the overall A-level grade?

Ah thank you,
do you think that uni's will look at my as grades when i apply taking into account these recent changes in A levels?
Original post by Wisteria_xo
Ah thank you,
do you think that uni's will look at my as grades when i apply taking into account these recent changes in A levels?

probably not? I think its just the overall? but it might just depend on the uni and/or course.

Quick Reply

Latest