The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics (New Spec) Unit 2 - 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Parhomus
Yeah I don't know why I did 30bn-15bn :c. I think I thought it meant what increase arose from the injection.

You're going to receive marks anyway for the working out so it's not that bad.
Guys i really think the grade boundaries will be high this year. :s-smilie:
Original post by Bruce267099
Guys i really think the grade boundaries will be high this year. :s-smilie:

Possibly. Although many found paper 1 difficult.

Also, grade boundaries tend to be lower for new specifications as people don't have many past papers for the new spec.
Original post by harryleavey
Possibly. Although many found paper 1 difficult.

Also, grade boundaries tend to be lower for new specifications as people don't have many past papers for the new spec.

I definitely thought unit 2 was easier, but unit 1 was pretty good as well.
unit 1 was pips, unit 2 was also pips!
For the 15 marker I talked more about the fact that fall in oil prices and stronger Poind will sort itself out (J curve effect) so I talked more about causes. I get its wrong but will I lose all 15 marks?
If I found unit 1 okay and unit 2 worse, I'm probably going to fail. I just went blank, I couldn't concentrate. I may not have answered the questions correctly. I feel like a failure as I only do 3 subjecs. If I get a U or an E, I have no idea of what I'm going to do...
Am I the only one who found unit 2 hard, and unit 1 easier?

I couldnt finish the 15 marker and the 10 marker, and my answer for the 2nd 20 marker was kinda bs

:/
Original post by SubZero~
If I found unit 1 okay and unit 2 worse, I'm probably going to fail. I just went blank, I couldn't concentrate. I may not have answered the questions correctly. I feel like a failure as I only do 3 subjecs. If I get a U or an E, I have no idea of what I'm going to do...

You go blank when you cram. That's why it's not advised to cram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sort of things did people talk about on 2g? My teacher said we should've mentioned interest rates and quantitative easing but I can't think of what else I could have said?
Original post by Loiswyatt
What sort of things did people talk about on 2g? My teacher said we should've mentioned interest rates and quantitative easing but I can't think of what else I could have said?

Fiscal policy
Reply 391

I talked about different monetary policy measures used by UK, so adjusting interest rate, QA, then Fiscal measures, such as lowering tax to increase incentives, but increasing indirect tax,so equity gap getting bigger, then also about gov. Borrowing large sums and re-investing in the economy, producing jobs, about some extent of migration of high skilled workers and immigration of low skilled workers, since more low skill jobs were available, then how it improved economy. As my evaluation I talked about why it wouldn't work, so interest rates innefective due to the lack of consumer confidence, large, increasing debt, serving the interest rates nationally on it later on and how people may not migrate due to geographical immobility. Does any of that sounds reasonable?
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
You go blank when you cram. That's why it's not advised to cram.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't cram?
Original post by SubZero~
I didn't cram?

Then it means you didn't know your work that well but don't despair , you may do better than you think :smile:
what no one did the old spec, 6ce02? economics unit 2 managing the economy?
Reply 395

FISCAL POLICY!! Gordon brown, our savior of 2008 cut VAT from 17.5 to 15% which boosted consumption and stimulated Aggregate demand, the automatic stabilizing effect of Fiscal policy meant that unemployment led to a fall in tax revenue but an increase in government spending without the need to for a government response which prevented an external shock. The Nationalisation of Banks led to further spending all of which created a large deficit we are still stuck in today, this accumulates net debt and will cost the future generations from investing in their economy such as ours, where we are left trying to balance the books. Fiscal and Monetary are the only demand side policies so it's all you could talk about for 6g
Original post by ismokeweed
what no one did the old spec, 6ce02? economics unit 2 managing the economy?

Not in this thread
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Then it means you didn't know your work that well

Who the hell are you to say this?
Reply 398
Original post by Aine8
I talked about different monetary policy measures used by UK, so adjusting interest rate, QA, then Fiscal measures, such as lowering tax to increase incentives, but increasing indirect tax,so equity gap getting bigger, then also about gov. Borrowing large sums and re-investing in the economy, producing jobs, about some extent of migration of high skilled workers and immigration of low skilled workers, since more low skill jobs were available, then how it improved economy. As my evaluation I talked about why it wouldn't work, so interest rates innefective due to the lack of consumer confidence, large, increasing debt, serving the interest rates nationally on it later on and how people may not migrate due to geographical immobility. Does any of that sounds reasonable?

Indirect tax was cut in response to the 2008 crisis but income tax rose but the decrease in VAT meant that Real Incomes had more Purchasing Power despite the decrease. Labour Mobility is supply side… you should've focused on Monetary and fiscal. Interest rates are at rock bottom, they can't be cut further. Debt would be good if you used it on the fiscal side?
Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending