The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

No it's not guys panic over i've just looked it up you acc needed 30/68 for a C last year June 2015 and for a B it was 37
(AQA)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 941
What did you guys write about in the TKAM question?
What do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 942
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, wow, you did the whole of OMAM in 10 minutes. I would die😂
[QUOTE="AKDbbb;65074817"]
Original post by Anygy
Honestly no idea. I have a feeling that we probably won't be getting over 20 marks. But hope for the best! I'm counting on my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be spot on :angry:[/QUOTE

But the thing is i did contrast rebecca like probably 2 or at least 3 times to abigail in detail

Well then you did a lot better than me! That probably counts as two characters. I only compared Abigail to Elizabeth in like ... one sentence.
Original post by dee08
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, wow, you did the whole of OMAM in 10 minutes. I would die😂

I actually thought I did die. I asked the invigilator: How much time do we have left?

She/he said: ehh... 11 minutes.

I almost got a cardiac arrest as I just turned to the Of Mice and Men question + misread it slightly.
Reply 945
Original post by ScrewTheExams
I wrote similar, I wrote about 3 for AIC and 2.5 for OMAN but rushed it so bad because I literally spent 11 minutes on the whole section for OMAN, yet I still managed to get a high A, almost an A* in that same exam.

I did the exam last year June 2015.

5 pages overall is enough. Good luck!

Thank you. Wow, you did OMAM in 10 minutes, I would die 😂
Original post by Anygy
Last year, you needed at least 45/68 for an A ( 37/68 for a B) and the boundaries only seem to be getting higher bit by bit :frown: Eh, hopefully I didn't lose TOO many marks, but I'm worried content-wise. I feel like they asked for two characters for a reason :s-smilie:

You'll probably get what you're aiming for!! And good luck to you too!

Thank you! :redface:Trust me I've realised the hard way but GSCEs are all about confidence so if you have that you'll be fine and don't worry! We are all in this together :biggrin:
Wait you were suppose to compare the two women? Oh FML Thank you so much AQA i thought you were better than Edexcel but clearly you are as bad as each other :s-smilie:
Original post by 123moon
Well then you did a lot better than me! That probably counts as two characters. I only compared Abigail to Elizabeth in like ... one sentence.

Wait you were suppose to compare? Oh FML Thank you so much AQA i thought you were better than Edexcel but clearly you are as bad as each other :s-smilie:

Not sure if you had to compare. Maybe you just had to analyse two characters. :s-smilie:
But I didn't do any of that anyways, I literally wrote ''Act one ends with Abigail and the final act ends with Elizabeth so this shows their contrasting personalities'' and that was IT :colondollar:
For AQA, its 27 for a C, 35 for a B, 43 for an A and thats OMAM and AIC added together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 123moon
Thank you! :redface:Trust me I've realised the hard way but GSCEs are all about confidence so if you have that you'll be fine and don't worry! We are all in this together :biggrin:

Very true! :smile: Maybe I'll get a surprise on results day :h:
Original post by Romana007
For AQA, its 27 for a C, 35 for a B, 43 for an A and thats OMAM and AIC added together
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope it's 30 for a C and 37 for a B and 45 for an A last year for AQA :smile:
Original post by Anygy
Wait you were suppose to compare? Oh FML Thank you so much AQA i thought you were better than Edexcel but clearly you are as bad as each other :s-smilie:

Not sure if you had to compare. Maybe you just had to analyse two characters. :s-smilie:
But I didn't do any of that anyways, I literally wrote ''Act one ends with Abigail and the final act ends with Elizabeth so this shows their contrasting personalities'' and that was IT :colondollar:

Right okay… Phew i said basically the same thing as you and that "Elizabeth is like an angel and that Abigail is like a snake" (tempting) etc. is that right? idk...:redface: Let's just hope for the best.
(edited 7 years ago)
sister maude came up last year?
Reply 954
What are your'e predictions for paper two on conflict?
Reply 955
Original post by PerksOfBeingMe_
is anyone doing Woman in Black?
for OMAM I'm preetyy sure I failed I wrote 2 pages and a quarter but mainly I was just annotating the text I wrote one paragraph for the second bit.
is it possible to still get an A if I got like a C In this paper but in paper 2 got a grade B and my control assessment was grade A?
Also does anyone know how much 25% of English lit control assessment is worth in marks?
thanks.

My controlled assessment was the poetry one and it was 40 marks
Reply 956
Anyone have any predictions for the AQA Relationships poetry exam 2016 ??
Did anyone do an inspector calls and of mice and men and if so which question did you chose from an inspector calls and what did you wrote about it?
Original post by Lujanrosales
Did anyone do an inspector calls and of mice and men and if so which question did you chose from an inspector calls and what did you wrote about it?

I choose the conflict question for inspector calls! I wrote about conflicts in class, conflicts in opinion, the conflict of rights and the fact that Birling is blaming Eva (she had 'far too much to say) yet she doesn't have a voice to conflict back
What did everyone write for the WJEC unseen poetry ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending