The Student Room Group

IAL Edexcel Physics Unit 1 24th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaadKaleem
I always thought those were 'free' marks lol.

i think the same tho
Original post by Timlong365
Someone ask me a hard A physics question/a question you're stuck on. I'll be happy to help and it'll be good practice for me, too.

if you could please send me question
Im having problem with projectiles.
Does anyone have any notes? Apart from the factsheet
Thankyou in advance :smile:
How do I get the mark scheme & question paper for unit 1 Jan 2016 IAL past paper? :s-smilie:
Original post by Timlong365
Someone ask me a hard A physics question/a question you're stuck on. I'll be happy to help and it'll be good practice for me, too.

Can you please explain the idea behind why aircrafts take off and land into the wind?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
How do I get the mark scheme & question paper for unit 1 Jan 2016 IAL past paper? :s-smilie:

https://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.com/p/edexcel-january-2016-exam-materials.html?m=1
Original post by katenell
I sat for jan 2016 paper , i thought i would have higher mark as i felt after discussing the answers that i am going to achieve A or at worst case B as i used to achieve high marks at school and pastpapers but unluckily i got an E , i felt confidant before the exam and after until the moment that i took my result , i felt sorry and angry , i think the reason goes to the idea that the paper was all written answers not a question the depend on solving however i am asking about your advice and the way you studied for the paper

Well A similar thing happened with me...I sat in Jan 16 for U1 and got a similar result. I was dissapointed in myself too. But later I realised it was too early for us to give U1 since we just started AS a few months ago and had no idea about how A'levels examination thingy works. I was very lenient on myself after O'levels until reality hit me hard. I spoke to different teachers and my seniors and they all asked me to do past papers. Do as many past papers as you can. Start from 2009 atleast and do them till 2016. This will give you the idea of what type of questions might come in the paper. Revise the concepts once thoroughly and start doing past papers. This practice will help you understand how you're supposed to answer each question. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 27
hello please help me what can i do for physics unit 1? i feel my concepts are clear but when it comes to solving papers i usually dont get good marks in it
Reply 28
Original post by missy.97
hello please help me what can i do for physics unit 1? i feel my concepts are clear but when it comes to solving papers i usually dont get good marks in it

practicing past papers is the only way to go:smile:
Reply 29
i also sat for jan16 physics unit 1. i'd been told that unit 1 was an easy paper by my friend but i didn't get A or B, but D... i hope you guys can tell me a proper step to study and get the idea of questions in unit 1 :smile:
Reply 30
is the specification changing or something anyone?
Reply 31
and the problem is that whenever im solving papers i cant think to the way the M.s has been written. when i read the examiner report it says i have written the average answer or a weak asnwer and i get a o. should i keep on rereading the book such as personal tutor and annfullick? what else i can do? usually i have to look at the m.s
So how is everyone preparing before exam day? relaxing or cramming?
strength = needed to fracture or break.

If I said strength = stress/strain would I be awarded a mark since strength of a material is given by its young's modulus? :s-smilie:
Reply 34

If I said strength = stress/strain would I be awarded a mark since strength of a material is given by its young's modulus? :s-smilie:

is tensile strenth = stress
Reply 35

its the max stress needed to fracture or break.

Original post by djmans
is tensile strenth = stress

yeah,just the max stress before it breaks
Original post by EUSHA
its the max stress needed to fracture or break.

yeah,just the max stress before it breaks

Then whats the difference between Strength and Ultimate Tensile Strength
GUYS apparently there could be some Unit 2 content in this Unit 1 exam........... is this true or is it just for the regular A-levels and not the IAL????
Original post by Reeyap
Helloo :smile:
I'm doing AS physics and i'd been looking for the answers to the ExamZone questions in the red physics textbook, for forever.
A friend recently forwarded them to me so i thought i'd share them with all of y'all :smile:
Not sure if they've been posted on a thread earlier but i thought i'd post them anyway since the Unit 1 Edexcel physics exam is coming up and it's extra practice for someone like me that's resisting :frown:
Happy studying :smile:

Thanks! but are the examzone questions helpful?
Original post by eftio.gea
GUYS apparently there could be some Unit 2 content in this Unit 1 exam........... is this true or is it just for the regular A-levels and not the IAL????

Dude.Chill.

Quick Reply

Latest