The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Realforce
Oscilloscopes... are we required to know how they work?

Original post by AlexTheGreat!
I dont remember seeing it on the spec but it's in the text book so i would learn it to be on the safe side... but remember it will be for waves not AC electricity.

It's been taken off the AS spec and moved to the A-level spec, so we don't need to know about it for these exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
It's been taken off the AS spec and moved to the A-level spec, so we don't need to know about it for these exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

AC current and how it actually works is in A2, but I think it can still be asked in reference to progressive waves :s-smilie:
Can required practicals come up in paper 1?
How prepared are you guys?
Original post by Imjustaloner

Not prepared enough
Original post by Smile Generator
When my physics teacher showed us a simulation of waves passing through a large slit, it showed the waves largely passing straight through, however it also showed some diffraction on the edge of the wave front, where the wave had diffracted around the slit.

Thank you! Best of luck with the exam tomorrow :smile:
OMG A NEW SPEC , I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME , ITS BEEN TO LONG , IF GOT SO TORED OF THE OLD SPEC , CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS ON THIS ONE #Physicsforlife #whatareyoumostexictedforonthenewspec,
Reply 207
Original post by Imjustaloner

i don't feel prepared but i also don't feel like i can do anything more to be prepared :/
Any idea what the 6 mark questions will be on
Original post by Brookevesxoxo
OMG A NEW SPEC , I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME , ITS BEEN TO LONG , IF GOT SO TORED OF THE OLD SPEC , CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS ON THIS ONE #Physicsforlife #whatareyoumostexictedforonthenewspec,

What is it you are referring to? Our spec was new at the beginning of the year..
Original post by runningcat
What is it you are referring to? Our spec was new at the beginning of the year..

Have you not heard? AQA have just announced on their Twitter feed that they are making alterations to their a level physics course as they believe it is to simplistic, I for one whole heartedly agree with this and I'm already counting down the days I till the release on August 29th
Dr B x
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you not heard? AQA have just announced on their Twitter feed that they are making alterations to their a level physics course as they believe it is to simplistic, I for one whole heartedly agree with this and I'm already counting down the days I till the release on August 29th
Dr B x

I actually haven't heard it! Woah
Did they say they thought the content of the spec in its current state is simplistic?
Original post by runningcat
I actually haven't heard it! Woah
Did they say they thought the content of the spec in its current state is simplistic?

I know we have a fun year ahead of us! Yes pretty much, don't you feel some parts are slightly too basic for A level? Especially unit 1
Dr B x
Dr B x

Source? I can't seem to find anything on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know we have a fun year ahead of us! Yes pretty much, don't you feel some parts are slightly too basic for A level? Especially unit 1
Dr B x

What on earth are you talking about, "Dr" B ? There was a new specification at the beginning of the year.
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
Source? I can't seem to find anything on this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tomato Ketchup is my personal fave. All jokes aside I work in line with the exam board so anything you need to ask feel free
Dr B x
Original post by LittleBoxes
What on earth are you talking about, "Dr" B ? There was a new specification at the beginning of the year.

Who do you think you are talking to me like that "Littleboxes" I am a member of the AQA exam board thank, you very much mwhaaaa!!!!!!!!
Who do you think you are talking to me like that "Littleboxes" I am a member of the AQA exam board thank, you very much mwhaaaa!!!!!!!!

What's the matter, revision getting to your tiny little head? Stop trying to confuse people, and do something useful with your time.:angry:
Original post by LittleBoxesw
What's the matter, revision getting to your tiny little head? Stop trying to confuse people, and do something useful with your time.:angry:

Ha revision?! One had finished their reviosn before xmas, clearly you need to spend more time revising instead of looking for arguments across student rooms. Deplorable behaviour.
Get a life....get swift cover
Yours faithfully,
Dr B x
Ha revision?! One had finished their reviosn before xmas, clearly you need to spend more time revising instead of looking for arguments across student rooms. Deplorable behaviour.
Get a life....get swift cover
Yours faithfully,
Dr B x

Goodbye, fantasist.

Quick Reply

Latest