The Student Room Group

English literature exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Monsor
Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go guyssss? What question did you do?
I did AIC question 17 about Sheila and Gerald and OMAM

I think I did alright pray for m

Which OMAM question did you do?
Original post by Bulletzone
I did pretty much the same thing, but The question wanted to know the effect after the court case and I think segregation in the black church happened before.

I did My Polish teachers tie and literally explored the **** outta that question. I then analysed When the wasps drowned.

I liked Part A, not really B. Although, Idk. Good luck everyone

The question for part B wanted to know what the treatment of black people in TKAM showed us about Maycomb's society, not the effect after the court case (I'm 99% sure anyway, I've never badly misread a question yet touch wood):biggrin:
Original post by ivybridge
I would've also spoke about Steinbeck's use of nature in the build-up.

Yeah I included that :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Cameron Mee
Which OMAM question did you do?

For OMAM you need to do both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deffo failed it
Original post by Monsor
For OMAM you need to do both

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait I'm on the Welsh exam board (for whatever reason) and the questions are different, doesn't matter 😂
Reply 86
Original post by surina16
what tier did you do? a lot of people have done this so maybe there's just some confusion between foundation and hier?

I do higher
Edexcel lit animal farm was SHITTT lol the extract had nothing to do with the wu stion man who else done it???
Original post by jazzybro
I do higher

oh, sorry but I think you did misread the question :frown: I do higher tier as well (AQA) and it was about Sheila and Gerald's relationship and how it changes :redface:
I think you could still get a good mark though as the stuff you wrote about Sheila can still apply to the question :smile:
Original post by Salwachemi
Edexcel lit animal farm was SHITTT lol the extract had nothing to do with the wu stion man who else done it???

OMAM for AQA, but kinda the same thing I guess - the question was about the "build-up of tension" in the extract :colonhash:
Don't talk abt the exam anymore once it's done it's done u can't go back. Just pray to God that u do good, make urself some tea and continue revising. 😉
Hopefully we all did good
Reply 91
Why tea bro why not coffee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunita.09
what was the question for OMAM?

How did Steinbeck present the build-up to lennies death {A}
Original post by wildjones
The question for part B wanted to know what the treatment of black people in TKAM showed us about Maycomb's society, not the effect after the court case (I'm 99% sure anyway, I've never badly misread a question yet touch wood):biggrin:

Yes, How does harper lee present treatment to the black community after this scene, I know it referred to after the court case IM 100% certain. Oh well, I may have done it wrong :/
Yes, How does harper lee present treatment to the black community after this scene, I know it referred to after the court case IM 100% certain. Oh well, I may have done it wrong :/

Honestly don't remember seeing that and I read it over and over to check I was doing it right:s-smilie: idk, I'll see if anyone else has written it somewhere.
Honestly don't remember seeing that and I read it over and over to check I was doing it right:s-smilie: idk, I'll see if anyone else has written it somewhere.

Well it did not directly say after the court, but I know the way it was phrased wanted u to analyse the effect of Maycomb after the court scene.
Well it did not directly say after the court, but I know the way it was phrased wanted u to analyse the effect of Maycomb after the court scene.

Ah okay, hopefully the examiner won't know the order of events:biggrin:
Ah okay, hopefully the examiner won't know the order of events:biggrin:

I may not be correct, but I'm sure it is the case.
Reply 98
Ahh poetry on Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
I'm just hoping that Medusa will come up in poetry :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending