The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature

Hey guysss,
I did my WJEC English Lit exam today, did anyone else find the poetry really hard?:s-smilie:
Reply 1
Yeah I did. Some people saying the woman was a prostitute, others saying she was mentally ill, I just wrote that she had a dull job but had to pretend she enjoyed it to get sales lol.
Original post by Danii16
Hey guysss,
I did my WJEC English Lit exam today, did anyone else find the poetry really hard?:s-smilie:

Yeah, I did not like the poems but I spoke to my teacher about what I wrote and I apparently wrote all the right things so I am very happy:smile:
Original post by jhornsey
Yeah I did. Some people saying the woman was a prostitute, others saying she was mentally ill, I just wrote that she had a dull job but had to pretend she enjoyed it to get sales lol.

did people really put she was a prostitute??? That is so bad haha. I wrote about how she looked horrible on the outside but was nice on the inside and the man acted like a robot and contrast between the weather. My teacher said that this was right apparently....
Reply 4
Original post by ellieffion
did people really put she was a prostitute??? That is so bad haha. I wrote about how she looked horrible on the outside but was nice on the inside and the man acted like a robot and contrast between the weather. My teacher said that this was right apparently....

Quite a lot of people wrote about her being a sex worker actually. They said that men travelled miles for her fish and her fish was supposed to represent her uh, service area
Original post by jhornsey
Quite a lot of people wrote about her being a sex worker actually. They said that men travelled miles for her fish and her fish was supposed to represent her uh, service area

oh my god, that is hilarious!
Original post by ellieffion

I also wrote about the contast in weather as if the 'cheerful' mood is not an acurate portrayal and the rain brings the poet back to reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending