The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LFC_fan_321
Thought Klopp had pulling power - obvs overrated.

Apparently Gotze parted with his agent today.

I wouldn't expect Gotze or any player to pick Liverpool over a dominant Bayern Munich.

However while Gotze might want to stay at Bayern, they may not necessarily want to keep him. Can't ignore that Gotze only has a year left on his contract and Bayern haven't seemed too fussed about renewing. They can either get 20-30mil euros for a player who doesn't feature much (played less than one third of possible minutes this season in the league) or they can lose him on a free next summer.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him pushed out over the next month or two. Who knows, maybe Gotze wants a free transfer next summer?
Liverpool target Philippe Coutinho says he wants to fight for Inter Milan place

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8422180/liverpool-target-philippe-coutinho-says-he-wants-to-fight-for-inter-milan-place

22 January 2013

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-confirm-coutinho-deal

30 January 2013

:rolleyes:
Original post by Zerforax
Liverpool target Philippe Coutinho says he wants to fight for Inter Milan place

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8422180/liverpool-target-philippe-coutinho-says-he-wants-to-fight-for-inter-milan-place

22 January 2013

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Inter Milan midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-confirm-coutinho-deal

30 January 2013

:rolleyes:

Delph also snaked his way out of Villa to City, but the difference is that Gotze is at one of the best clubs in the world, not hard to see why he wants to stay there. At the moment I can only see teams like Barca or Madrid being able to tempt him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Delph also snaked his way out of Villa to City, but the difference is that Gotze is at one of the best clubs in the world, not hard to see why he wants to stay there. At the moment I can only see teams like Barca or Madrid tempting him.

Yes but as my post above, I think him only have 1 year left and Bayern not seemingly bothered about giving him a new contract complicates things.

Maybe he'll do a Borini where he wastes a year of his career sitting around on the bench/out of the squad..
Original post by Zerforax
I wouldn't expect Gotze or any player to pick Liverpool over a dominant Bayern Munich.

However while Gotze might want to stay at Bayern, they may not necessarily want to keep him. Can't ignore that Gotze only has a year left on his contract and Bayern haven't seemed too fussed about renewing. They can either get 20-30mil euros for a player who doesn't feature much (played less than one third of possible minutes this season in the league) or they can lose him on a free next summer.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him pushed out over the next month or two. Who knows, maybe Gotze wants a free transfer next summer?

Gotze can go **** himself for all i care. I think his market value is still riding on that goal he scored in the world cup.

Someone who can display leadership qualities and won't play like a noob. Like a Lahm or a Reus (?) :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Players are obviously looking to keep hold of their loyalty bonuses at this time of year, so you can't read too much into the Gotze comments in truth.

It's the same thing about Benteke. He has said he wants to fight for his place at Anfield, but I think we all know he'll be leaving.
The summer has barely begun, we can still get him to Anfield.

The new agent he's signed to is also Karius' and Frimino's agent... :teeth:
Yeah it means little, bookies leaning on him staying (4/6) rather than leaving for Liverpool (6/4), but those odds aren't exactly confident. Bookies think it's Liverpool or Bayern really.
Reply 7768
I don't blame Gotze for not wanting to come to us tbh - we have no European football at all, and no guarantees that we will have CL in the next couple of years either. There are various reasons not to join us and only one to join us, which is Klopp.

It's going to be a difficult transfer window. I can't see many established players being attracted and we'll have to target younger/obscure talents. More players like Karius/Matip/Grujic.

Will be hard to stand by and watch as Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City hoover up the top talent.
(edited 7 years ago)
We all know that had we won the EL, the deal for Götze would've practically been done by now. I know he's saying he wants to "fight" for his place but in reality, I don't think he'd refuse a CL team like Arsenal or City if they came in for him.

The game is built on fine margins and the single loss last week will likely shape the trajectory of Klopp's career here. It may set us back a year or two but even so, I'm very confident in Klopp and I welcome anybody to underestimate us next season.
Gotze fired his agent for trying to construct a move back to Dortmund, doubt he would have moved to us even with CL.
Original post by samir12
Gotze fired his agent for trying to construct a move back to Dortmund, doubt he would have moved to us even with CL.

That's completely different though - the fans didn't want him back and I doubt he would've wanted to anyway.

The only reason he's staying at Bayern is because they win trophies and if he holds out for another year, "maybe" he can get a place back or if not he can try for a better move next summer.

Moving to Liverpool with CL and all the game time he wants wouldn't be the downstep you assume it is. Although it didn't work out that way because we bottled it in the EL final.
Original post by Lúcio
That's completely different though - the fans didn't want him back and I doubt he would've wanted to anyway.

The only reason he's staying at Bayern is because they win trophies and if he holds out for another year, "maybe" he can get a place back or if not he can try for a better move next summer.

Moving to Liverpool with CL and all the game time he wants wouldn't be the downstep you assume it is. Although it didn't work out that way because we bottled it in the EL final.

Maybe he just wants a free transfer next summer. Would have more options + get a fat payday.
His lack of playing time is overhyped, he was just injured for 5 months... last season he started nearly every game
+ guaranteed trophies
+ chance at CL
+ he's Bavarian
+ improves his Germany chances

= he was never coming
(edited 7 years ago)
Gotze isn't bad, just the previous manager disliked him. Ancelotti favours the diamond and Gotze is the only genuine number 10 in the squad
Original post by difeo
His lack of playing time is overhyped, he was just injured for 5 months... last season he started nearly every game
+ guaranteed trophies
+ chance at CL
+ he's Bavarian
+ improves his Germany chances

= he was never coming

strong lack of integration into western society

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7776
Original post by Diego Costa
Gotze isn't bad, just the previous manager disliked him. Ancelotti favours the diamond and Gotze is the only genuine number 10 in the squad

Ancelotti uses a variety of formations but I don't think he necessarily favours a diamond.

At Chelsea he played the Christmas tree 4-3-3, which he initially played at Milan until Berlusconi criticized it for not attacking enough where he changed it to the diamond.

At Real Madrid, he again reverted to a 4-3-3(with wider wingers due to Bale and Ronaldo's prowess) which changed into an attacking 4-4-2, in 14/15 he tended to play an attacking 4-3-3 with an AM which changes to a 4-4-2 when Ronaldo goes inward and Isco/Rodriguez go out wide.

I'm not sure if Ancelotti will use a no.10 since Muller and Lewandowski are in the side as well as Coman/Robben/Ribery/Costa for the flanks so really there's going to be a struggle for Gotze to get into the side.

Definitely gonna get a ticket to that if I can.
Loris Karius confirmed.

Latest