The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minantan
I spoke about consent, since they were young i said about getting consent from their parents... not sure if its right

Yh thats what i wrote i think it is right as i have seen a similar question and answer in a pastpaper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 321
Guys for the ethical issue I wrote about deception?!!! Don't think that's right
I wrote about protection from harm for the ethical issues question and said that the questions asked may be sensitive and cause them distress. Is this correct? :s-smilie:
Anybody know the grade boundaries for this exam or even in total?
Original post by ali99
Excitation increases the likelihood that the neuron will fire and pass on the impulse by increasing the positive charge, e.g. adrenaline
Inhibitory neurotransmitters decrease the likelihood that the neuron will fire and pass on the electrical impulse by increasing the negative charge e.g. serotonin

I put that but I put electrical signal instead of electrical impulse - is that still right?
Original post by kirstybecs
i dont understand how it'd be operant though because its him looking at another person's behaviour and copying it not getting the reward himself and continuing the behaviour

Because he observed the reward so repeared it positively reinforcing the behaviour
[QUOTE=hopeless student;65080915]I wrote about protection from harm for the ethical issues question and said that the questions asked may be sensitive and cause them distress. Is this correct? :s-smilie:

I put about protection from harm in terms of physical violence from other pps.
Original post by hopeless.student
I wrote about protection from harm for the ethical issues question and said that the questions asked may be sensitive and cause them distress. Is this correct? :s-smilie:

Usually you can talk about any ethical issue as long as it is relevant (eg don't talk about having to get consent if a volunteer sample was used) and if you link it back to the question. So I don't see why you wouldn't get the marks :smile:
Reply 328
Original post by doc.dolittle
Anybody know the grade boundaries for this exam or even in total?

Last year with the old spec on paper 2 it was 52/ 72 for an A, 46- B, 41- C, 36 - D, 31 - E
Reply 329
Does anyone know when an official mark scheme will be up? ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still wrote informed consent for the ethics question because the true aims of the study were probably still kept from them to reduce the likelihood of demand characteristics
Original post by AnnaHO
I don't think consent would be write seen as they volunteered to be a part of the study

I agree, although I think the wording was something along the lines of 'they were asked to volunteer', so there could be an argument to say that they were pressured so couldn't really give consent, etc...?
I put deception, but still :colondollar:
The grade boundaries will be low because it's the first paper of a new spec (e.g not many past papers to practice on and not knowing exactly what to expect)
We'll be fine guyssss
Original post by AnnaHO
I don't think consent would be write seen as they volunteered to be a part of the study

I don't think it matters as they are still underage. For eg would u experiment on a 10 year old even if he volunteered himself? No u wont be because it also crosses the BPA ethics guildlines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queenskye
The grade boundaries will be low because it's the first paper of a new spec (e.g not many past papers to practice on and not knowing exactly what to expect)
We'll be fine guyssss

I feel like it will be higher for paper 2 than paper 1 .. i really do hope they're low ! XD
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Usually you can talk about any ethical issue as long as it is relevant (eg don't talk about having to get consent if a volunteer sample was used) and if you link it back to the question. So I don't see why you wouldn't get the marks :smile:

Ah cool haha that's good thank you :smile:
For the Sarah question where it says what behaviours refers to the girl afrairs of lifts. I put operant for that one and SLT for the other guy or something where he sees his brother blah
Original post by Exavior
In the question with those 2 people with elevators and sweets, I know that the first one was classical conditioning. However for the second one most people say they put operant conditioning but I feel like the question was talking about learning through someone else's behaviour which is social learing theory including vicarious reinforcement (learning through others being rewarded for their behaviour). What did you guys put for the second part to this question?

for the 1st one i put operant conditioning as she is being punished by spending her time in the lift??
is that right?? not sure tho
Original post by ali99
Last year with the old spec on paper 2 it was 52/ 72 for an A, 46- B, 41- C, 36 - D, 31 - E

31?! That was low...WTH
Original post by thurs001.310
for the 1st one i put operant conditioning as she is being punished by spending her time in the lift??
is that right?? not sure tho

I put operant conditioning..how can it be classical if she hasn't associated anything..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending