The Student Room Group

Can I have a current account, savings account and a help to buy isa

Hi

I currently have a student account with Barclays with an isa

When I graduate, I am considering find a new current with decent interest, and a saving's account.. i also am planning to start a gelp to buy isa.

My idea is to out the maximum possible into the help to buy, and perhaps 200 a month into a savings account (provided I get a decent job)

Is this commom/possible/a good idea? What would you recommend
I think I read somewhere they were stopping the help to buy ISAs. But yeah, there's nothing to stop you having a current account, student account and an ISA.

I did that as a student because it made budgeting easier - money for rent went into one account, spending money went into another and money I didn't need, went into my ISA.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
I think I read somewhere they were stopping the help to buy ISAs. But yeah, there's nothing to stop you having a current account, student account and an ISA.

I did that as a student because it made budgeting easier - money for rent went into one account, spending money went into another and money I didn't need, went into my ISA.

Sorry I meant when I graduate can I have the following three:

current account

savings account

help to buy isa (until the scheme ends)?

Original post by number23
Sorry I meant when I graduate can I have the following three:

current account

savings account

help to buy isa (until the scheme ends)?

Yes can have all 3 (i'm about to have all 3 myself). You can have as many current and savings accounts as you want, but just the 1 help to buy isa and then you could use your remaining isa allowance with another type isa :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Yes can have all 3 (i'm about to have all 3 myself). You can have as many current and savings accounts as you want, but just the 1 help to buy isa and then you could use your remaining isa allowance with another type isa :smile:

Hi, thanks for the reply

I have 'shopped around' a bit and I am tempted by the First Direct current account, and possibly the linked saver

I think I would do the help to buy with Lloyds, but I also discovered they have an investment ISA so I think I am going to spread my ISA limit between these two
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
I think I read somewhere they were stopping the help to buy ISAs.

You'll be able to save into a Lifetime ISA instead, or both, however only one can be used to purchase your house.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending