The Student Room Group

Are you ready for the maths exam?

I think im ready...just need to go over some more stuff. Im doing edexcel btw

Scroll to see replies

Edexcel GCSE?

If so, then I was ready 5 months ago!!

EDIT: I hope I get an A* because it's my strongest subject... and I got an A* in my mock. However, I need a C in English language to get into my college and I got a D in my mock... :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hell to the no! I'm doing edexcel too and am looking forward to never having to do maths again after my exams!
Reply 3
No, if I don't get an A i don't get into sixth form :frown:
Nope, I'm not ready like at all.
I need to get an A for Sixth Form.
GRAH
Original post by jhornsey

I need an A aswell just because I want to do A-Level maths and FM
Reply 6
Original post by zXcodeXz

yeah same here. I don't even like maths.
yeah same here. I don't even like maths.

Lol :headfire:
Nope not at all. Maths is my worst subject, and to make that even worse I find it so difficult to revise for. I'm aiming for a C so that I dont have to re-take but i'm so scared because I know I'll just go blank
I'm just worried about getting my C

Original post by zXcodeXz

Wow you guys have high requirements. Mine requires a grade C but a grade B is recommended to aim for.
Does anyone have any tips on getting a solid B?
Reply 12
Anyone on here doing edexcel maths GCSE I have 2 pieces of advice… 1) enjoy it, be optimistic because when you get to AS you realise how easy GCSE maths was so just take a step back and try to have fun. 2) CPG!! THEIR REVISION GUIDES AND WORKBOOKS WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!!

If you haven't enjoyed GCSE maths, DO NOT do it for AS, you might do good on C1 but C2 and A2 will be horrific, my friends have just realised that
Original post by _Xenon_
Wow you guys have high requirements. Mine requires a grade C but a grade B is recommended to aim for.

Nice! :smile:
Yhh im ready i did the 2015 paper and got A* so if i cab do that i can manage this years paper im just going to go through past papers not much revision really just practice the papers and techniques and look at mark schemes
Original post by SamSp123

Past papers and maths websites=HegartyMaths
Reply 16

Past papers, past papers and CGP. I did my GCSE maths last year and it was in January, in my December mocks I was getting High C's, realised this wasn't good enough and I could do better I got the CGP workbook and revision guide, finished every page and finished every past paper and got an A (was only a few off A*)
ill proably get an A like ive been getting 65-77 in past papaers

Past papers should help you improve massively considering you're using them correctly, identify weak areas > improve > practice.

Follow this strategy.

Exam Paper > Mark Scheme > Learn > Review > Improve
Repeat for as many past papers as possible.
I need 90% or else I'm not allowed to do Further maths A Level :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending