The Student Room Group

Psychology AS Paper 2 RESIT (OLD SPEC)

How did you guys find it?? I thought it was okay, the 12 marker on obedience was kind; AQA really threw us a bone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thought it went well, obedience 12 marker was a great, also liked the 6/4 markers on the biological approach :smile:
Reply 2
loved the 12 marker on obedience!! found the first half the paper really good in terms of questions too. was so happy to see the questionnaires question as well
Reply 3
Did anyone else find the very last question a little strange? I talked about systematic desensitisation, but I wasn't quite sure if they wanted us to just outline it, or compare it and psychoanalysis haha, ah well only a 4 marker on an otherwise good paper
Went amazing!

Apart from the first question... it had me stumped for quite a bit :/

What did everyone else put?
For the last question could you do CBT?
Spoke about systematic desensitisation too! Didn't know either because it said explain so I just outlined and then said it would be good for the fear of snakes etc so just linked back to stem!
I thought it went great! Could not be happier about the 12 marker or the questions on definitions and the 6&4 markers on biological approach! I just explained how systematic desensitisation is best for treating a phobia of snakes and included a little of how its carried out too
(edited 7 years ago)
Over all the paper went great. Loved the SIT questions and the biological approach plus evaluation.
Got a bit stuck on the first due to the way it was structured but think I did it correct.
Reply 9
Was there a cognitive approach question
Original post by Georginarosee
Over all the paper went great. Loved the SIT questions and the biological approach plus evaluation.
Got a bit stuck on the first due to the way it was structured but think I did it correct.

What did you put for the first one?
Original post by Socychoictraphy
What did you put for the first one?

Can't remember the letters.
For pituary
Adrenal cortex
Cortisol released.

Can't remember the other one.
Original post by Georginarosee
For the last question could you do CBT?

Well I did, so I really hope so!! hahahah
Original post by sarahmarie96
Well I did, so I really hope so!! hahahah

Me too. It is a psychological therapy. Just could confused if it was the appropriate one for his phobia of snakes.
Reply 14
Did you have to evaluate for the 12 marker in obedience to authority
Reply 15
What did everyone write as evaluation for the 12 marker ?
Original post by zchilz
What did everyone write as evaluation for the 12 marker ?

PP were deceived as to the true aim of the study.
Low in external validity
High levels of control because it was a laboratory experiment.
Original post by Jess_P
Did anyone else find the very last question a little strange? I talked about systematic desensitisation, but I wasn't quite sure if they wanted us to just outline it, or compare it and psychoanalysis haha, ah well only a 4 marker on an otherwise good paper

omg yeeees mine is a mess lol I made a conclusion then decided I might as well talk through the steps of SD just in case so it's like I finish and then continue talking
Reply 18
Has anyone got a link to an unofficial mark scheme?
pretty sure you had to outline it and say what was involved in SD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending