The Student Room Group

The Life of Leviathan – Depression, Bullying, Fatigue and Other Obstacles

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Cool !! What are you going to study :h: ?

I am going to study Geoscience at Keele University :h:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I am going to study Geoscience at Keele University :h:

Great :3 best of luck :woo:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Great :3 best of luck :woo:

Thank you! :biggrin:
very good and very interesting thank you again i love reading your blogs :smile:
Original post by Elleee1234
very good and very interesting thank you again i love reading your blogs :smile:

Aww thank you Elle! The next post will be on Friday I think! :smile:
Aww thank you Elle! The next post will be on Friday I think! :smile:

i can't wait and btw still havent told them but hopefully soon i will as only 8 school days before we leave
Original post by Elleee1234
i can't wait and btw still havent told them but hopefully soon i will as only 8 school days before we leave

I'm glad to hear that! There's still time, don't worry :smile:
@Leviathan1741
Very well written this is!! What a great read, as usual!!!
Im very happy to hear youve overcame your anxiety with shops! Youve done very well to achieve that!! The wedding helped you out afterall haha!! Ive experienced anxiety with shops and still do!! I sometimes see something i want but get too scared to buy it!
But youve done very well to overcome this! Youre incredibly strong and it shows!
I wish you the best for the future and i look forward to reading your next post!!!
xxxxx :hugs:
Original post by FireFreezer77
@Leviathan1741
Very well written this is!! What a great read, as usual!!!
Im very happy to hear youve overcame your anxiety with shops! Youve done very well to achieve that!! The wedding helped you out afterall haha!! Ive experienced anxiety with shops and still do!! I sometimes see something i want but get too scared to buy it!
But youve done very well to overcome this! Youre incredibly strong and it shows!
I wish you the best for the future and i look forward to reading your next post!!!
xxxxx :hugs:

Thank you so much!!! The wedding helped me out massively, I don't think I would've overcome the anxiety had the wedding not forced me to!!

I will tag you in the next one! xxxxx :hugs:
Thank you so much!!! The wedding helped me out massively, I don't think I would've overcome the anxiety had the wedding not forced me to!!

I will tag you in the next one! xxxxx :hugs:

No worries!!! Im so glad it helped you out!! Aw well im sure you could do without!!!
I will help you out anyway possible!

Thankyou!!!! I look forward to reading it! :hugs: xxxxx
My Experiences with Fatigue and How I’ve Solved It

Hi everyone!

I said in my last blog post that I wanted to talk about my experiences with fatigue, and I am going to do that here. This post probably won’t be quite as long as my previous ones as there is less to talk about, but I wanted to mention it because it has affected me quite significantly.

Ever since I can remember, I have struggled with constant fatigue (tiredness). I have been this way for many years, and I honestly don’t remember a time when I wasn’t permanently exhausted. Although the tiredness I felt was constant, I experienced varying levels of fatigue, where some days I would feel more or less alright, and other times I’d feel so tired that I’d almost be falling asleep at my desk by one o’clock in the afternoon, sometimes even earlier!

I went to the doctor many times over the years to try and find out what was causing me to feel so tired all the time, and I was tested for a variety of things, including anaemia, diabetes, hypothyroidism and thalassaemia (a hereditary blood disorder which causes red blood cells to break down much more quickly than normal, which runs in my family) to name a few. The results came back normal every time though, and we couldn’t figure out what was wrong. My doctor even considered diagnosing me with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome at one point, because the cause of my tiredness was such a mystery!

Eventually, after trying different remedies such as taking iron supplements, taking vitamin tablets, being more physically active etc, I decided to try and get into a proper sleeping routine. My pattern of sleeping had never been brilliant, and deteriorated significantly on my gap year, until I was going to bed at 1.30am and waking up at 1.30pm (which, understandably, my mum was not very pleased about!). I then decided to get into the habit of going to bed at 12.30am, and waking up at 9.30am, which gave me roughly 9 hours of sleep each night. And, it worked!! Now, I don’t feel half as tired as I used to during the day, and have much more energy than I used to, (well, not a huge amount, but it’s still a massive improvement!).

So, if you’re having trouble with fatigue and you aren’t sure what’s causing it, I’d highly recommend trying out a sleeping routine (or a different one, if your current one isn’t working for you). I never thought that something as simple has having a routine would help me so much, and I really wish I’d tried it sooner!

I haven’t quite decided yet how I want to progress my blog from here. There is something very personal and important to me which I will be writing about fairly extensively soon: my father’s struggles with mental illness (along with how this has impacted me and my family). I still need to figure out what I want to include and how I want to structure my posts, so I apologise if I take longer than usual to upload my next post! Please bear with me!

As always, thank you all for reading! I look forward to continuing to develop and expand this blog with you all! :h:

Spoiler

@Leviathan1741
Thankyou for sharing about your fatigue! I had no idea how badly it affected you! It sounds pretty serious and I'm amazed the the doctors couldn't find anything to do with it. I'm so glad your sleeping pattern has helped you out because being tired all the time is awful. I've experienced it a bit recently but it's been all over the place so I don't know what to think really.
But I'm glad you're ok now :hugs:
I look forward to reading your mini series!
Excellent read, very well written❤️
@Leviathan1741
Thankyou for sharing about your fatigue! I had no idea how badly it affected you! It sounds pretty serious and I'm amazed the the doctors couldn't find anything to do with it. I'm so glad your sleeping pattern has helped you out because being tired all the time is awful. I've experienced it a bit recently but it's been all over the place so I don't know what to think really.
But I'm glad you're ok now :hugs:
I look forward to reading your mini series!
Excellent read, very well written❤️

You're welcome! We were amazed that the doctors couldn't pinpoint a cause either! It was really disheartening for me, because I desperately wanted to find a cure! It definitely didn't help my depression, I genuinely thought I was doomed to live in a constant state of exhaustion for the rest of my life, and that really got me down! But like I said, I'm feeling a lot better now!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to your next blog topic too! :hugs:
You're welcome! We were amazed that the doctors couldn't pinpoint a cause either! It was really disheartening for me, because I desperately wanted to find a cure! It definitely didn't help my depression, I genuinely thought I was doomed to live in a constant state of exhaustion for the rest of my life, and that really got me down! But like I said, I'm feeling a lot better now!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to your next blog topic too! :hugs:

Its really suprising isnt it. You wouldve thought that they wouldve found something!!
I dont blame you! You will have wanted to know what was going on and how to stop it!
No i dont suppose it did!
Well im glad youre feeling a lot better now!!!

No worries!! Ah you wont have to wait too long then! Its out there now! :hugs:
Its really suprising isnt it. You wouldve thought that they wouldve found something!!
I dont blame you! You will have wanted to know what was going on and how to stop it!
No i dont suppose it did!
Well im glad youre feeling a lot better now!!!

No worries!! Ah you wont have to wait too long then! Its out there now! :hugs:

Yeah, it honestly got to the point where I actually WANTED there to be something wrong with me just so I knew what was causing the tiredness!!

Also, I took a look at your latest blog post, I can definitely relate to it! I was actually planning to write about my experiences of having no/few friends after my mini series, but I worry people will think I'm copying you!
Yeah, it honestly got to the point where I actually WANTED there to be something wrong with me just so I knew what was causing the tiredness!!

Also, I took a look at your latest blog post, I can definitely relate to it! I was actually planning to write about my experiences of having no/few friends after my mini series, but I worry people will think I'm copying you!

Yeah i can imagine! It mustve been horrible not knowing what was going on!
At least everything is all good noe though!

Ah im glad you can relate to it!
Ah well once you sign the copyright papers, then feel free haha! Im joking of course, you can absolutely do that!
Yeah i can imagine! It mustve been horrible not knowing what was going on!
At least everything is all good noe though!

Ah im glad you can relate to it!
Ah well once you sign the copyright papers, then feel free haha! Im joking of course, you can absolutely do that!

Haha thank you :wink:
An Introduction to my Father’s Mental Illness

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well!

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to begin writing about my father’s struggles with mental illness, and how they have affected both me and the rest of my family. This will be the first post in a series of posts (around five or so), pertaining to these experiences, and I would just like to say now that you may find these posts upsetting (particularly the ones following this first one).

I originally created this blog because I wanted to increase understanding of and raise awareness for a number of issues, both mental and physical, and I hope that I have managed to achieve that goal so far. That is something that I still very much wish to continue doing. I have chosen to write about my family’s battles with mental illness because it’s something that has had a huge impact in my life, and I hope that my story might provide hope for anyone who is currently experiencing, or has experienced, something similar.

The first major mental illness that my father suffers from is a form of psychosis known as delusional disorder, which means that he often believes in things which aren’t true. Specifically, he suffers with ‘non-bizarre persecutory delusions’, which basically means that he believes that certain people, groups of people, or even whole organisations such as the government, want to harm him in some way, or cause him injustice.

Some of the delusions my father had when the disorder was at its worst included:
Bushes were installed with cameras which were programmed to watch him
People in aeroplanes spying on him
People with earphones listening to him
Car headlights giving him messages

The second mental disorder which my father suffers from is depression. This causes him to frequently experience low moods, have very little motivation, be unable to sleep properly and has also led him to attempt suicide on more than one occasion.

I just wanted to give a brief overview of the illnesses that my father suffers from, and I will be going into much greater detail on them in my subsequent posts. In the next one I will talk about how his mental illness first began, and how it affected us all. I’ve decided to write it almost in the form of a story with chapters, to hopefully make it easier to understand what was going on (it can get quite confusing otherwise!).

Once again, thank you all so much for reading, I hope you will continue to stick with me on this blogging journey!

Spoiler

x

Just as always, I want to applaud you for being so brave and telling us about your father and all of the amazing things you have shared with us. It's such a wonderful thing for you to do and I'm ever so grateful for it :hugs: you're brilliant!
Original post by iEthan
Just as always, I want to applaud you for being so brave and telling us about your father and all of the amazing things you have shared with us. It's such a wonderful thing for you to do and I'm ever so grateful for it :hugs: you're brilliant!

Thank you so much Ethan! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my posts! :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending