The Student Room Group

Igcse aqa english literature 23rd may 2016

What did you write for the unseen poetry? Which question did you pick for your chosen book and which book did you do? What did you write to answer the question you chose? If anyone did the curious incident please make yourself known and share your answers and thoughts!
Reply 1
I thought the poem was horrible for devices and there was very little to write about for that AO but I thought there was so much you could infer. I did a dolls house and I chose the title questions which I had already done for homework over Easter.
Original post by dizzyisi
I thought the poem was horrible for devices and there was very little to write about for that AO but I thought there was so much you could infer. I did a dolls house and I chose the title questions which I had already done for homework over Easter.

What was the title of the unseen you had? I did the lady and the fox or something of that nature but am worries as I may have done the wrong poem (if that's possible?). What did you write about despite how little there was to write on?
Original post by anxiousbunny
What did you write for the unseen poetry? Which question did you pick for your chosen book and which book did you do? What did you write to answer the question you chose? If anyone did the curious incident please make yourself known and share your answers and thoughts!

For the poetry I wrote about how its alluding to the fact that humans wish to revert to their natural hunting state and are the most savage hunters of all. What did you put? :smile:
Original post by Grogan_OG
For the poetry I wrote about how its alluding to the fact that humans wish to revert to their natural hunting state and are the most savage hunters of all. What did you put? :smile:

You only wrote about that? I wrote about the type of feelings such as lust,envy, admiration, love, fearlessness and uncertainty. Was writing about each of the kind of feelings she feels towards the fox the wrong way to answer this question? I was in the dark with preparing for this exam so I wonder if you think i missed the question?. How many pages did you write for the unseen poetry? Apart from the point of humans wanting to revert back to their natural hunting state (which by the way is genius) what other points did you write about?
You only wrote about that? I wrote about the type of feelings such as lust,envy, admiration, love, fearlessness and uncertainty. Was writing about each of the kind of feelings she feels towards the fox the wrong way to answer this question? I was in the dark with preparing for this exam so I wonder if you think i missed the question?. How many pages did you write for the unseen poetry? Apart from the point of humans wanting to revert back to their natural hunting state (which by the way is genius) what other points did you write about?

Yeah i wrote about 2 and a half pages so more than just the human thing haha but i also talked about how its ironic that she finds it majestic but also wants to wear it as a coat so the whole fox hunting dillemma amongst some other things 😊
Yeah i wrote about 2 and a half pages so more than just the human thing haha but i also talked about how its ironic that she finds it majestic but also wants to wear it as a coat so the whole fox hunting dillemma amongst some other things 😊

I like that. Thanks for calming my panic that your wrote more than one point lol. I do love that point about the fact that she wears the fur but yet wants to be friends with the fox, which I did think about but didnt write about cause I didnt see how you could explain the ladies feelings towards the fox by wanting to wear the fur?
I like that. Thanks for calming my panic that your wrote more than one point lol. I do love that point about the fact that she wears the fur but yet wants to be friends with the fox, which I did think about but didnt write about cause I didnt see how you could explain the ladies feelings towards the fox by wanting to wear the fur?

I just figured that she has juxtaposing feelings towards the fox so that links to the question. Do you have more exams this week?
I just figured that she has juxtaposing feelings towards the fox so that links to the question. Do you have more exams this week?

Can you explain what juxtapose means? and an example? Yes, I have physics, geography, the other literature and maths. Do you have more exams this week? What exams do you have?
Can you explain what juxtapose means? and an example? Yes, I have physics, geography, the other literature and maths. Do you have more exams this week? What exams do you have?

Its basically just putting two contrasting images together 😊 oh right, i only have one lit exam. I've got geography, biology 1,2,3 and maths
Reply 10
For the poetry I wrote about:
How the no-rhyming structure represented their odd and unorthodox relationship
How the references to dancing have connotations of love and romance
How the writer calls the fox a "handsome beast [new line] for a city-dweller", shows there's still some type of negativity
How she acknowledges it's deadly features largely at the start but makes more references to love as the poem goes on - she starts to overlook the deadliness

We had the set text of Journey's End, and the question I chose was the one that asked about how time is shown
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Gcseggw
For the poetry I wrote about:
How the no-rhyming structure represented their odd and unorthodox relationship
How the references to dancing have connotations of love and romance
How the writer calls the fox a "handsome beast [new line] for a city-dweller", shows there's still some type of negativity
How she acknowledges it's deadly features largely at the start but makes more references to love as the poem goes on - she starts to overlook the deadliness

We had the set text of Journey's End, and the question I chose was the one that asked about how time is shown

I did Question 6 as I could not really think much about time.
Reply 12

swear it was about apples

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending