The Student Room Group

Aqa igcse geography paper 1

What are your predicted case studies for ecosystem and tectonics?
I was told by my teachers that because of tropical rainforests being the basics of paper 3, it wouldn't come up. I also don't think it will be deserts since both deserts came up last year, so im hoping for a temperate deciduous forest. In tectonics, i know a lot of people are thinking volcanoes or tsunamis
Reply 2
Original post by Brooke.taylor
I was told by my teachers that because of tropical rainforests being the basics of paper 3, it wouldn't come up. I also don't think it will be deserts since both deserts came up last year, so im hoping for a temperate deciduous forest. In tectonics, i know a lot of people are thinking volcanoes or tsunamis

My teacher predicted for tectonics Tsunami (I'm doing Boxing Day in China) OR use of tectonics landscape - economic opportunities (agriculture, energy generation, mining and tourism) and how people adapt (Volcanic Eruption - I'm doing The Alps)
And for ecosystems Deciduous (Timber, recreation, conservation - I'm doing Cosmeston)
How about for paper 2?
Original post by elsie31
My teacher predicted for tectonics Tsunami (I'm doing Boxing Day in China) OR use of tectonics landscape - economic opportunities (agriculture, energy generation, mining and tourism) and how people adapt (Volcanic Eruption - I'm doing The Alps)
And for ecosystems Deciduous (Timber, recreation, conservation - I'm doing Cosmeston)
How about for paper 2?

Do you think uses of temperate deciduous of management??

Paper 2 I am doing population and globalisation
population has been affects of migration, adv. + dis. of ageing population and hen how to manage ageing population. According to that, controlling birth rate (one child policy etc) should come up, or maybe a case study on economic migration

For globalisation, it has been industrialisation of china, effects of global warming (?) and then the good and bad things of a TNC. Im thinking maybe something about food production, renewable energy or international directives.

TBH i'm not sure. I think human is a bit more ambiguous than the physical. When I ask my teachers, if they think it will be something else, i'll tell you x
Reply 4
Do you think uses of temperate deciduous of management??

Paper 2 I am doing population and globalisation
population has been affects of migration, adv. + dis. of ageing population and hen how to manage ageing population. According to that, controlling birth rate (one child policy etc) should come up, or maybe a case study on economic migration

For globalisation, it has been industrialisation of china, effects of global warming (?) and then the good and bad things of a TNC. Im thinking maybe something about food production, renewable energy or international directives.

TBH i'm not sure. I think human is a bit more ambiguous than the physical. When I ask my teachers, if they think it will be something else, i'll tell you x

I'm not sure. I'm just gonna learn by heart the 2 possible case studies for deciduous forest and tsunami & use of tectonic landscape
Im doing the exact same as you for both papers.
I don't think it will be manufacturing in China as it came up last year and specimen paper as well as global warming. I think Nike will come up.
For population I think One Child Policy OR refugee migration

Good luck for tomorrow!
It's finally nice to find someone who does IGCSE not lots of people do them!!
Do you also do the 3 sciences AQA IGCSE??

how have you been revising geography?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by elsie31
I'm not sure. I'm just gonna learn by heart the 2 possible case studies for deciduous forest and tsunami & use of tectonic landscape
Im doing the exact same as you for both papers.
I don't think it will be manufacturing in China as it came up last year and specimen paper as well as global warming. I think Nike will come up.
For population I think One Child Policy OR refugee migration

Good luck for tomorrow!
It's finally nice to find someone who does IGCSE not lots of people do them!!
Do you also do the 3 sciences AQA IGCSE??

how have you been revising geography?

haha I am doing IGCSE AQA sciences!!! Its funny since so few people do the igcse's i can't get a lot of hints of what might come up on these forums lol.
Im revising by having the name of all the case studies written down and then i try to write them out on my computer without looking.
Im only really focusing on physical now though, I'm starting to think human is going to be a lot harder?? The case studies are shorter but theres more of them ??

How did you find biology and chemistry?? weirdly enough i found chemistry harder than biology
Original post by elsie31
What are your predicted case studies for ecosystem and tectonics?

PREDICTED case studies? don't you have to learn your own before the exam?
Reply 7
Original post by 44shishkbb
PREDICTED case studies? don't you have to learn your own before the exam?

my own? what do you mean?
Reply 8
haha I am doing IGCSE AQA sciences!!! Its funny since so few people do the igcse's i can't get a lot of hints of what might come up on these forums lol.
Im revising by having the name of all the case studies written down and then i try to write them out on my computer without looking.
Im only really focusing on physical now though, I'm starting to think human is going to be a lot harder?? The case studies are shorter but theres more of them ??

How did you find biology and chemistry?? weirdly enough i found chemistry harder than biology

I only have 3 case studies for paper 2!
I wasn't able to do chemistry and biology as I was in hospital for two weeks, so they are gonna give me a predicted grades for the exams I missed on the first week!
So Geography is my first exam!! Im stressing out.

Im gonna try that tonight for my case studies. Didnt revise much in the past 2 weeks was just released 2 hours ago!

We can stay in touch for the sciences exams if you want?

Do you have geography tomorrow afternoon at 13:30? and Physics the day after at the same time?
What board do you use for maths? tell me if you are using Mathematics (Linear) B (4365) ? if that is the case is your exam thursday morning?
Good luck for tomorrow and keep me posted about how it went!! :smile:
Original post by elsie31
my own? what do you mean?

well the exam has gone but don't you have case studies to learn like haiti and christchurch and montserrat etc,

not like go out on the internet and look for case studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending