The Student Room Group

Accounting AQA Unit 2 - 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

in the first question on the cash budget does it not say that he gets 225 customers but an increase of 50 customers if he rents out his equipment and charges £300 for the year? so (225+50)x£300=£82500? or did i just read it completely wrong????
Oh suger maybe you are right I may of just paniched and didn't read it correctly anyway I should get the marks because I included all the stiff for current assets , they can't deduct marks for putting more I'm I will just get a own figure mark for balance
Original post by uysalbaris
do you think we could say these two ways in last question :

1-lowering the selling price
2.improving the quality of the product

Yh I talked about the same thing as well, improving the quality of the product, but have to decrease the average cost of production to remain competitive in the market. I also talked about entering a new market which may increase costumers as a result increasing sales thus increase rate of inventory turnover, not sure if I will get marks for that?
Original post by qazxsw123
Im not sure, i wrote to lower prices aswell. You might get marks for your second point if you explained it, like saying it would increase sales.

Okay thanks and also did anyone find balance of statement in changes equit around 14 130 000
Original post by ismokeweed
Yh I talked about the same thing as well, improving the quality of the product, but have to decrease the average cost of production to remain competitive in the market. I also talked about entering a new market which may increase costumers as a result increasing sales thus increase rate of inventory turnover, not sure if I will get marks for that?

I think we should be getting marks for saying the benefits and also problems arise for example I have said improving the quality will require better materials etc that will increase the cost of sales or expenses so reduce the profits.
Original post by habibur99
in the first question on the cash budget does it not say that he gets 225 customers but an increase of 50 customers if he rents out his equipment and charges £300 for the year? so (225+50)x£300=£82500? or did i just read it completely wrong????

This is how I read it too but not sure if I am right??:/
Original post by habibur99
in the first question on the cash budget does it not say that he gets 225 customers but an increase of 50 customers if he rents out his equipment and charges £300 for the year? so (225+50)x£300=£82500? or did i just read it completely
wrong????

Should have been 50x300 for new subscription.

Also 225 x 30 for old subscription which i completely missed out for some reason.

Also 225 x 30 for old subscription which i completely missed out for some reason.

I did the same thing, 50x300, and 225x30.
How everyone done the revised profit of the year figure in Q1 part b

Old subscriptions don't go in the revised profit as they were already included in the profit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uysalbaris
How everyone done the revised profit of the year figure in Q1 part b

I rushed this part bit i got around 4000
Original post by alhrona
I rushed this part bit i got around 4000

I have done so bad then I have also rushed and ı got net loss ...
Original post by Accountingggo
Old subscriptions don't go in the revised profit as they were already included in the profit

Posted from TSR Mobile

U right but we talkin bout the cash budget.
What was the income statement for? Cash budget?
Just a question for the AS students.

Im an A2 student who resat this exam i was wondering how the AS students felt it went because my teacher and many other teachers accross the country have sent complaints to AQA for different reasons and mistakes that they had made. In particular about the stolen goods it question 4 i believe.
I understood this question because this is covered in unit 3.
So over all i was wonderig if the AS students found this paper hard because of not understanding parts of the paper and feeling as if you had not been thought the content?
Original post by kitkatsaunders
Just a question for the AS students.

Im an A2 student who resat this exam i was wondering how the AS students felt it went because my teacher and many other teachers accross the country have sent complaints to AQA for different reasons and mistakes that they had made. In particular about the stolen goods it question 4 i believe.
I understood this question because this is covered in unit 3.
So over all i was wonderig if the AS students found this paper hard because of not understanding parts of the paper and feeling as if you had not been thought the content?

I found both of the papers quite easy and i hope i did very well but i dropped some marks on both of the T-accounts in both papers (silly mistakes like putting provision for doubtful debts as debit but its credit as its a reduction in a current assets and not an expense)
Wow...AQA seems easy
I do CIE (I'm from Mauritius) and yours seems easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nicolethackerayy
I'm not great at narratives and when I did my first unit 2 paper last year (because I'm a second year) I thought I did really bad, like a U, but I actually got a B overall last year so don't worry about it 😊 You will have done better than you think

Hope thats true 😓

I messed up in exam as this year they switched it up.

Do u think they would lower grade boundaries for that?
has anyone got the unofficial markscheme,i have this as a mock soon,thanks
I don't have a mark scheme but I remeber the first question was an unconventional looking cash budget. Also there was a statement of changes in equity, and thats all I can remember. Good luck 😉.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending