The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9700
Original post by swirly
For the record do you think there was a rat at chelsea? Swear someone leaked his team news? And if so, who do you think it was?

In all seriousness don't think there's a rat, but if there was it would most likely be Fabregas. I don't think Hazard is the type to leak news like that and it seems like that kind of stuff happens in Spain where the media are even more on your case than England.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27

In all seriousness don't think there's a rat, but if there was it would most likely be Fabregas. I don't think Hazard is the type to leak news like that and it seems like that kind of stuff happens in Spain where the media are even more on your case than England.

You dont think Hazard? Look at his goal vs spurs and how he just turned it on out of nowhere, and he didn't do it all season under him? I think he has motive to, he doesn't like having to track back.
Sounds like when Mourinho said there was a mole at Real Madrid and screamed at them for being traitors.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4055969.ece

There actually was a mole at Madrid though. Same at Bayern in fact, Pep is basically just as bipolar as Mourinho but the media sweep it under the carpet. I guess to be a top manager you have to have a bit of craziness in your psyche.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
There actually was a mole at Madrid though. Same at Bayern in fact, Pep is basically just as bipolar as Mourinho but the media sweep it under the carpet. I guess to be a top manager you have to have a bit of craziness in your psyche.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The way no one ever dared go against SAF tho
Original post by swirly
The way no one ever dared go against SAF tho

Yeah but that was to do with board as well I think. Iker was allowed to undermine Jose at Mourinho and that's a recipe for disaster. The manager's word should always be final, imagine trying that against your superior in the professional world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9705

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean Barcelona? I don't think the media swept it under the carpet, it's because Mourinho PUBLICLY made this an issue, while Pep didn't. You're going to get more believable news stories like that if the manager actually confirms it.
Yeah but that was to do with board as well I think. Iker was allowed to undermine Jose at Mourinho and that's a recipe for disaster. The manager's word should always be final, imagine trying that against your superior in the professional world.Posted from TSR Mobile

If that was the board then why didn't Ancelotti suffer from these problems and the main players at the club unequivocally wanted him to stay? Even Ronaldo made a statement that he wanted him to stay ffs.

Plus if Iker was allowed to undermine 'Jose at Mourinho' at the club then why did they force Casillas out of the club and make him leave so unceremoniously?
(edited 7 years ago)
You mean Barcelona? I don't think the media swept it under the carpet, it's because Mourinho PUBLICLY made this an issue, while Pep didn't. You're going to get more believable news stories like that if the manager actually confirms it.

If that was the board then why didn't Ancelotti suffer from these problems and the main players at the club unequivocally wanted him to stay? Even Ronaldo made a statement that he wanted him to stay ffs.

Plus if Iker was allowed to undermine 'Jose at Mourinho' at the club then why did they force Casillas out of the club and make him leave so unceremoniously?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/06/pep-guardiola-accuses-dressing-room-mole-of-damaging-bayern-muni/

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/10271679/pep-guardiola-says-bayern-munich-mole-not-my-problem-now

Pep mentioned it numerous times, it didn't get widespread coverage because the media are conniving *****.

Because Ancelotti came in and quickly realised that he was past it, and Perez probably thought that two of the best managers in the world deciding that a player isn't good enough anymore means he isn't, even he's not that retarded ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
peple still watch this sport?
Reply 9708
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/06/pep-guardiola-accuses-dressing-room-mole-of-damaging-bayern-muni/

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11890/10271679/pep-guardiola-says-bayern-munich-mole-not-my-problem-now

Pep mentioned it numerous times, it didn't get widespread coverage because the media are conniving *****.

Because Ancelotti came in and quickly realised that he was past it, and Perez probably thought that two of the best managers in the world deciding that a player isn't good enough anymore means he isn't, even he's not that retarded ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't realise Pep thought that was the case at Bayern. In all honesty you'd think that there are moles at every club, how else will the media get so much inside stories?

If Ancelotti realised he was past it then why did Casillas start the entirety of the 14/15 season?

I guess there's a lot of madness to a genius though. SAF was the epitomy of madness, but then LVG was similarly as mad(if not more). These guys are crazy as ****.
Reply 9709
Original post by swirly
You dont think Hazard? Look at his goal vs spurs and how he just turned it on out of nowhere, and he didn't do it all season under him? I think he has motive to, he doesn't like having to track back.

His father(who confirmed this back in December) and Guus Hiddink explained his issues. He has been playing injured for large parts of the season due to a hip issue. I'm pretty sure Mourinho and the medical staff rushed him to fitness. There's no coincidence that when Hazard actually has adequate rest for the hip injury that's been plaguing him since at the very least December(which explains how he a fall like that vs Leicester can force him off the pitch) then you know he was clearly injured.
I genuinely think we'll see 2 big signings in before the Euros start. Mourinho's had 6 months behind the scenes to line up transfer targets. Zlatan looks like he'll be one of them **** knows who the other one is.

A CB (one first team one back up), midfielder, striker and a right winger are absolute musts.
Rumours that Giggs has left
Original post by difeo
Rumours that Giggs has left

Good
Original post by Dirtybit
Good

Indeed
Original post by Zerforax
ps. what went wrong for LVGOAT?
I think bottom line is although he was pragmatic at times, he ultimately wasn't able/willing to change tack. His record against the top sides in the PL was still very good. When the circumstances allowed him to compromise his philosophy without damaging his ego we tended to get results and even play well, but as soon as that was over we always reverted to type. Possibly the problem with having such success mixed with a rigid philosophy is being reluctant to change, it would be interesting to hear from LVG which aspects of his philosophy if any were relevant or key 10-15 years ago which are not today due to the evolution of the game. Do personally feel it was more a case of him not being willing than not being able.

Think with regard to Jose's antics at Real, it was a toxic mix. However you do have to consider he was still the 3rd longest reigning coach in Madrid's history. Similar could be said of Chelsea in the Roman era. Not clubs which you last long despite, displaying normal behaviour. You look at Ancelotti at Real and you then look at Jose' twisting of the Barca result in Jam's post, its entirely justified. Not a club which is willing to accept you can't always have your way, better to frame any failings as being cheated.

One thing I disagree with is that there draws parallels to Moyes United, if anything it draws parallels to Dortmund. The season was over so quickly, our star player wasn't even fit for half the season and the managers were playing nonsense tactics that involved using a snail midfield expecting that to protect the already snail defence and making our striker run the channel on the left wing instead of playing where a striker is supposed to play. Hopefully the new manager stops the pass to Hazard tactic and our creative players actually step up to be game winners.
Don't really see how that dispels the parallels. Our star player the previous season wasn't injured for half of Moyes season, and the other half of the duo largely ineffective? The issues of the ageing defence exposing a lack of tactical versatility and fragility of the set up. Both teams in their poor season had clear issues which apart from performances could have been identified the previous season as being highly problematic, but I don't think many commentators were looking to write that narrative at the time.
WHy can't Untied just confirm it already? Everyone knows and if it wasn't true then they'd have denied it by now.
we need a right back and a left back
giggs has left rightly so. I do not think he is fit to manage our team and is not good for the no2
I think the experience from madrid meant that he didnt want someone close to the board who the board can use to undermine him
Original post by banterboy
WHy can't Untied just confirm it already? Everyone knows and if it wasn't true then they'd have denied it by now.

they want the rumours to build up to make everyone horny before making it official
Reply 9719
Original post by Fizzel
Think with regard to Jose's antics at Real, it was a toxic mix. However you do have to consider he was still the 3rd longest reigning coach in Madrid's history. Similar could be said of Chelsea in the Roman era. Not clubs which you last long despite, displaying normal behaviour. You look at Ancelotti at Real and you then look at Jose' twisting of the Barca result in Jam's post, its entirely justified. Not a club which is willing to accept you can't always have your way, better to frame any failings as being cheated.

Maybe so but it's in his character. I guess he's been at clubs where the president is not very patient. At Real it's win a trophy or you're gone. That's essentially the issue.

Don't really see how that dispels the parallels. Our star player the previous season wasn't injured for half of Moyes season, and the other half of the duo largely ineffective? The issues of the ageing defence exposing a lack of tactical versatility and fragility of the set up. Both teams in their poor season had clear issues which apart from performances could have been identified the previous season as being highly problematic, but I don't think many commentators were looking to write that narrative at the time.

I guess so. I was more looking at the players, I would say that Chelsea had a better selection of players this season compared to United at the time, and regardless of Terry's age, the teams total dependence on Hazard(or the Fabregas+Costa duo) or Ivanovic's flailing performances, it is still better than midtable, I don't even think in the first 11 we have any midtable players, it's poor individual performances from players that leads to such a position.

It was nowhere near as foreseeable as maybe United's position.

Latest