The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Frubeo
so would i get marks for using them in 8 marker?

Wait was this the question about cognitive methods for depression?
Reply 401
Original post by kas9
Wait was this the question about cognitive methods for depression?

No, but they link in to cognitive approach
Did any1 else write about reciprocal inhibiton for the S.D question on Saira's phobia of cats?
for the 8 marker i forgot to write about schemas but i wrote about the emergence of cognitive neuroscience and computer n theoretical models??
Reply 404
Original post by Frubeo
No, but they link in to cognitive approach

Well the Beck and Ellis models are cognitive models explaining and help treat depression.
Although i'm not sure they can be used as "models of the cognitive approach"
If you're referring to the 8 marker out the cognitive approach and outlining two features, then i do not think Beck and Ellis would be correct
Original post by hehexd
depends what the question was asking, i.e cognitive features in approaches or cognitive features as an explanation of depression.

if it was the second one then im sure youd get the marks but i cant remember the question fully soz :P

It asked for the cognitive approach and the question was in section one (approaches) so I think it was looking for the approach (theoretical models etc.) rather than an explanation for depression (Beck & Ellis) as that would have been in the psychopathology section.
Reply 406
Original post by chelseaoscar15
Did any1 else write about reciprocal inhibiton for the S.D question on Saira's phobia of cats?

Yep, that's a good point to make:smile:
Original post by bhavik-
It asked for the cognitive approach and the question was in section one (approaches) so I think it was looking for the approach (theoretical models etc.) rather than an explanation for depression (Beck & Ellis) as that would have been in the psychopathology section.

thanks :smile: do you know if the limitations had to be related to the feature that you gave?
The two features i wrote about were theoretical models the multo store one and then computer models seperately with regards to the information processing model are they two distinct features or should i have talked about schemas.
Original post by hehexd
thanks :smile: do you know if the limitations had to be related to the feature that you gave?

The question said "two limitations" so I'm sure any valid limitations for the approach would be fine. (e.g: lack of application to the real world, machine reductionism)
Original post by bhavik-
The question said "two limitations" so I'm sure any valid limitations for the approach would be fine. (e.g: lack of application to the real world, machine reductionism)

cheers homie, those were my 2 limitations exactly :biggrin:
Original post by hehexd
you didnt even guess or wat lmao?

who would leave outt the multiple choice lol
Original post by poppygracexx
who would leave outt the multiple choice lol

no idea XD
For the hypothesis I put
There will be a significant decrease in the post-treatment anger scores with those having Treatment A in comparison to those having Treatment B
Is this correct and if not would I get any marks?
Original post by adelemaexo
For the hypothesis I put
There will be a significant decrease in the post-treatment anger scores with those having Treatment A in comparison to those having Treatment B

That's exactly what I wrote, it's one tailed and operationalised so should get the marks but ofc im biased.
Original post by adelemaexo
For the hypothesis I put

why did u choose a one tailed hypothesis?
Reply 417

Well done whoever made the mark scheme - however, they don't understand what a phenotype is on question 4.
Reply 418
Original post by Rigby16
The two features i wrote about were theoretical models the multo store one and then computer models seperately with regards to the information processing model are they two distinct features or should i have talked about schemas.

In the book I used Theoretical Models and Computer Models came under the same section. I hope it gets you sufficient marks, good luck:smile:
For the SLT question l talked about the 4 mediational process...attention, retention, reproduction and motivation...and everyone imitating, identification and vicarious reinforcement...l wanted to put that but it would look too small...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending