The Student Room Group

Is university of Oxford anywhere near Oxford Brookes uni?

My cousin is going to the actual university of Oxford, I really want to be close to her. I'm nowhere near as smart as her so I'll probably end up going to Oxford Brookes instead but are the Unis anywhere near each other?
I think you're thinking about it the wrong way. Firstly, they are quite close to each other, and secondly, do your grades or your feelings reciprocate the idea that you aren't as smart as your sister? Don't think you can't get into Oxford by default, think about how you will and giving it your best shot.
Original post by ChefExxxcellence
I think you're thinking about it the wrong way. Firstly, they are quite close to each other, and secondly, do your grades or your feelings reciprocate the idea that you aren't as smart as your sister? Don't think you can't get into Oxford by default, think about how you will and giving it your best shot.
I know but my GCSEs aren't all A's and A*'s, so even if I do well in my A levels; it would in my opinion be a waste of an application
Original post by ambermariemorgan
I know but my GCSEs aren't all A's and A*'s, so even if I do well in my A levels; it would in my opinion be a waste of an application

You shouldn't go to a university for the sole reason of being close to your cousin.
Original post by orphan_black
You shouldn't go to a university for the sole reason of being close to your cousin.

Well I want too, are the Unis close though or not?
Reply 5

Why don't you just look on the Internet. According to google maps it's like a half an hour walk from each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
they are about 1.5 miles away from each other so 30 min walk/ 5 min drive/20 min bus
Reply 7

Yes; the oxford uni colleges are spread out across oxford so there are some closer than others to oxford brookes I think. But can't you just look on google maps?
(edited 7 years ago)

And what if you succeed anyway? What do you have to lose by applying? If you get in, you're a part of one of the world's best universities - you're understating your own abilities.
That's the worst reason I think I've ever seen for choosing a university, not to mention you're undoubtedly going to change your mind when you mature over the next year or so.
Original post by Exceptional
That's the worst reason I think I've ever seen for choosing a university, not to mention you're undoubtedly going to change your mind when you mature over the next year or so.

Well no. I'm extremely close to my family. I don't care about how prestigious a university is.
Tbh you'd probably distract her from a high workload and she won't appreciate that in the long term
Well no. I'm extremely close to my family. I don't care about how prestigious a university is.

Nothing in your sentence makes any sense and if you can't see that then you aren't ready for university.

Quick Reply

Latest