The Student Room Group

New Spec AS Level OCR Economics:Macroeconomics - 23rd of May

Scroll to see replies

Was the 4 mark question shift to the right of the demand curve?
And what was the other way of measuring gdp?(first question in case study)
Original post by koolgurl14
Was the 4 mark question shift to the right of the demand curve?
And what was the other way of measuring gdp?(first question in case study)

Yep demand shifted outward

Another way of measuring GDP would be expenditure method
Original post by tsrecon123
what is the answer for comparative advantage multiple choice question?

Neither country will benefit from trade as opportunity costs were the same
Reply 43
Original post by jordancohen

Phew. I thought so, but exam panic made me consider that country Y may have an advantage. Glad I stuck with D.
Reply 44
Original post by Luiswright31
I put 87.5 for terms of trade, 'twas 0.875, couldn't for life of me remember whether it was displayed as an 'index' looking number or a decimal.
Think the 'good tax' one was equity right?

No it is durable apparently :/ I put convenient. according to my revision guide you times by 100 for terms of trade, so 87.5 is probably right if you did exports divided by imports * 100
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jordancohen

Wasn't there an option that stated that one country had an absolute advantage over the over (that's what I put b/c one country could produce more corn per hour than the other iirc).
Reply 46
Original post by rebirth61213
Wasn't there an option that stated that one country had an absolute advantage over the over (that's what I put b/c one country could produce more corn per hour than the other iirc).

I thought it was a comparative advantage option not absolute
Reply 47
Original post by hate0cr
What did people write for q18 ?

I just went through the four macro-economic objectives - decrease in inflation, surplus in current account, rise in unemployment and fall in economic growth
Then for evaluation I talked about other factors affecting AD (e.g. increase in C on offset AD),
If the economy is at full capacity employment and economic growth don't fall which is more beneficial to the economy
And it depends from where the spending is cut - e.g. If cut from education can reduce long-term economic growth
Reply 48
For the 20 marker on reducing unemployment without increasing inflation, I wrote that protectionist measures such as quotas on foreign goods will boost domestic firms allowing them to hire more staff therefore reducing unemployment whilst suppressing demand pull inflation. Would that have been completely wrong?
Original post by yelash
I thought it was a comparative advantage option not absolute

I think it was the one that country Y would benefit from trade but country X wouldn't because although they had the same comparative advantage country y made less products than country x
What did people get as the unemployment calculation answer?
Reply 51
Original post by marshy12345
What did people get as the unemployment calculation answer?

5%?
I thought that it was 'equality' not 'equity', I thought of equity as being shares in a company so ruled it out. I guess by definition 'equity' also means equality. Got me that one.

The answer was complexity, don't know where equity is coming from
Original post by Asad271
5%?

Correct
Reply 54
I put 87.5 for terms of trade, 'twas 0.875, couldn't for life of me remember whether it was displayed as an 'index' looking number or a decimal.
Think the 'good tax' one was equity right?

I put durability
Was the measurement question about gdp or employment
For the dollar to pound question did anyone get £250
Original post by Maisie987

i put 200 but didnt fully understand what it meant
Reply 58
Original post by Maisie987

That's what I put too, but I didn't understand why they gave us the initial exchange rate
Original post by Mia66
That's what I put too, but I didn't understand why they gave us the initial exchange rate

Unfortunately, you fell into the trap. The answer is £200, it explicitly says they do not change the price.

Quick Reply

Latest