The Student Room Group

Playing it safe

Hi, I am currently holding a Conditional Offer 2016/2017 intake session with University A and I think my A-level result this July 2016 will meet the Conditional Offer. I am now having second thoughts about going to Uni A this Sep 2016 as I want to try Oxford Uni first. If my result meet the Conditional Offer, can I request for a deferred entrance from Uni A to 2017/2018 session whilst applying for Oxford Uni through UCAS in October 2016? (This is just in case I am not accepted to Oxford, I would like to still enroll in Uni A)
Reply 1
Original post by thedecided
Hi, I am currently holding a Conditional Offer 2016/2017 intake session with University A and I think my A-level result this July 2016 will meet the Conditional Offer. I am now having second thoughts about going to Uni A this Sep 2016 as I want to try Oxford Uni first. If my result meet the Conditional Offer, can I request for a deferred entrance from Uni A to 2017/2018 session whilst applying for Oxford Uni through UCAS in October 2016? (This is just in case I am not accepted to Oxford, I would like to still enroll in Uni A)

No I believe to apply you need to decline the offer even if the uni lets you defer it. But if Uni A is near the top end of RG or league tables/you want to go there then I would say to stick with going there. What uni is it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thedecided

No, you cannot hold an offer and reapply. You will have to let your offer go and take your chances in reapplying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending