The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hehexd
why did u choose a one tailed hypothesis?

I'm not sure to be honest. Was probably the hardest one in the situation but it's the first thing that came to mind :frown:
Original post by the.chantele
I put operant conditioning..how can it be classical if she hasn't associated anything..

1- sorry if someone already put this
2- I don't know if I'm right
However, I think she associates lifts with getting stuck now
Original post by chelseaoscar15
Did any1 else write about reciprocal inhibiton for the S.D question on Saira's phobia of cats?

I did, I added it just in the last few sections! :smile:
Reply 423
You see, I didn't think just stating Therapy A and B was operationalized enough - so I picked some therapies, CBT and counselling therapy, and used that in my hypothesis. I'm not sure if it mattered if it was directional or not?
Original post by adelemaexo
I'm not sure to be honest. Was probably the hardest one in the situation but it's the first thing that came to mind :frown:

i think the main principle is that if there's previous research then you write one tailed whereas if there isn't any then you write a two tailed.

not sure if i saw any previous research but u might be right idk
(edited 7 years ago)
i nearly cried when the sign test didn't come up since our teacher was adamant it was going to since it was new on the spec and she drilled it into us and then......let down by aqa (also psychology and the economy i was gutted didnt come up cause thats easy)
Original post by hehexd
i think the main principle is that if there's previous research then you write one tailed whereas if there isn't any then you write a two tailed.

not sure if i saw any previous research but u might be right idk

Oh right. I think I remember learning that psychologists are more likely to use a one-tailed hypothesis if there's existing research to base it upon, but I believe you could still write a one-tailed one in this situation. I think if they were going to be picky about which one we had to do they would have asked us about a specific one, so we could both be right:smile:
I wish I didn't worry about this paper as much as I did, it was so much easier than I was expecting
Oh right. I think I remember learning that psychologists are more likely to use a one-tailed hypothesis if there's existing research to base it upon, but I believe you could still write a one-tailed one in this situation. I think if they were going to be picky about which one we had to do they would have asked us about a specific one, so we could both be right:smile:

hopefully that's true :P regardless good luck on your results :smile:
Would I get marks if I talked about how excitatory was when neurotransmitters are released across the synapse, and inhibitory is when neurotransmitters are upheld? I also mentioned that inhibition is more likely to occur when the body (parasympathetic system) enters its anabolic stage, reserving the chemicals diffused for other bodily processes. Any marks for this?
Original post by IRoranth
The two features I said were:
The two limitations I said were:
The computer analogies cannot be generalised to humans because we're different in a number of ways.
The schemas bring about practical application e.g bring implications for eye witness testimonies when eye witnesses fill in the gaps of info, etc

Obviously I expanded on the points and explained them, wbu?

Limitation?
Original post by hehexd
hopefully that's true :P regardless good luck on your results :smile:

I hope so too! And thankyou! Same to you:biggrin:
Original post by kirstybecs
i nearly cried when the sign test didn't come up since our teacher was adamant it was going to since it was new on the spec and she drilled it into us and then......let down by aqa (also psychology and the economy i was gutted didnt come up cause thats easy)

I don't know why your teacher drilled that into you when it came up in the third specimen paper
Original post by m_wharrier
I don't know why your teacher drilled that into you when it came up in the third specimen paper

i think she was just paranoid if it did come up and nobody knew what to do since when we did the spec paper most people only got 1 mark
Original post by Kefte
You see, I didn't think just stating Therapy A and B was operationalized enough - so I picked some therapies, CBT and counselling therapy, and used that in my hypothesis. I'm not sure if it mattered if it was directional or not?

Since the variables being measured were the therapy and there was no indication about which therapy would be better i said " there will be a difference between the anger scores when therapy A is used and when therapy B is used"
Reply 435
Original post by Much118
Would I get marks if I talked about how excitatory was when neurotransmitters are released across the synapse, and inhibitory is when neurotransmitters are upheld? I also mentioned that inhibition is more likely to occur when the body (parasympathetic system) enters its anabolic stage, reserving the chemicals diffused for other bodily processes. Any marks for this?

No, because that is not what inhibitory is in regards to synaptic transmission I'm afraid - I think you're thinking of inhibition in regards to SSRIs and other drug therapies, that inhibit reuptake.

Inhibitory and excitatory is to do with the type of neurotransmitter, it doesn't prevent the neurotransmitter binding with the receptor, it just has a different affect on the postsynaptic neuron (it decreases the likelihood of an action potential being generated). And excitatory increases the likelihood.
(edited 7 years ago)
She associates every lift to her previous experience and therefore it involved both.
Reply 437
Original post by m_wharrier

there are only two specimen papers for each unit ? ?
Original post by Drunq
there are only two specimen papers for each unit ? ?

We can access only 2. The teachers could access a third. Ours printed the third one off for us too

i did one-tailed as well because the aim of the experiment was to see which one was more effective, not seeing if one would be better than the other - don't worry! I'm sure we'll get the mark :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending