The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Do we need to use E= mc^2 for any calculations ? Is it something we need to know?
Original post by Ethan100
Do we need to use E= mc^2 for any calculations ? Is it something we need to know?

No
Original post by A+Hunter
And what happens when you crash half way through it :P

then you're screwed
Reply 363
Can anyone help me with these two past paper questions both from 2014 Paper

Q4b
and
Q9

question 4b.jpg QUESTION 9.jpg

video solutions http://icandophysics.co.uk/sqa-physics-exam-support/national-5-physics/nat5-2014-video-solutions/

No lol Haha
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I got 65% on the specimen paper. What is that as a grade?

65% is being accounted as just a high c and band 5 on the sqa guideline. hope this help.
Original post by Hey234
65% is being accounted as just a high c and band 5 on the sqa guideline. hope this help.

No offense but that's nonsense. Considering an A for Nat 5 physics last year you needed 68% and for higher it was 64%. So 65% could be counted as a high B. Also the grade boundaries will never be at 65% for a C that's far too high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hey234

Original post by RossB1702
No offense but that's nonsense. Considering an A for Nat 5 physics last year you needed 68% and for higher it was 64%. So 65% could be counted as a high B. Also the grade boundaries will never be at 65% for a C that's far too high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree with Ross.

Where are you getting this info from? Most subjects actually set the grade boundaries to be at notional values like 50% for a C and 70% for an A. Obviously these most likely will not stay the same depending on the exam.
Do we need to learn logic gates for n5 physics? Our teacher taught us it but it hasnt been in any exam so far i think
Original post by thomson521
Do we need to learn logic gates for n5 physics? Our teacher taught us it but it hasnt been in any exam so far i think

logic gates are National 4
Original post by Chandler
logic gates are National 4

What is a logic gate ? If its Nat 4 shouldn't Nat 5 know it ? I don't
Original post by A+Hunter
Yeah I agree with Ross.

Where are you getting this info from? Most subjects actually set the grade boundaries to be at notional values like 50% for a C and 70% for an A. Obviously these most likely will not stay the same depending on the exam.

The difficulty of the Nat 5 physics this year will probably be the same as last year. The grade boundaries are usually close to each other like between 68-70% for an A so that's why I'm saying 65% is a high to Mid B. For a B I'm saying 59/60% and for a C probably 50/51%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
The difficulty of the Nat 5 physics this year will probably be the same as last year. The grade boundaries are usually close to each other like between 68-70% for an A so that's why I'm saying 65% is a high to Mid B. For a B I'm saying 59/60% and for a C probably 50/51%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg if 65% was a C i probably failed all my subjects already!

Gave me quite the scare there...
:rofl:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Omg if 65% was a C i probably failed all my subjects already!

Gave me quite the scare there...
:rofl:

Nope there's a greater chance of 65% being an A then there is it being a C haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never heard of logic gates before. Its in the Standard Grade Course though if you wanna take a look?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/standard/physics/electronics/digital_processes/revision/2/

I wouldnt worry too much about it though.
(edited 7 years ago)
How's everyone feeling for the exam tomorrow?
Mixed emotions about this exam.

I've been doing the past papers and model papers and have been doing well, But I'm a bit cautious with the SQA this year. Most of the exams (especially Maths) have been surprising in a way. Even Chemistry to an extent, a lot of new styled questions were asked this year.

Just hoping all goes well tomorrow.
I am really not looking forward to it....

No, they are different courses and have different content. Some topics like Ohm's law appear in both but sound, transformers, logic gates are examples of Nat4 stuff that's not in Nat5.
What does everyone think will come up in the exam? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending