The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology resit 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
I'm dreading this exam?

Yup same, I'm procrastinating too much
Original post by MindOfFinn
Interactionist is the same as interpretivist, just another name for it.
It involves typing, labelling, self-fulfilling prophecy, banding, streaming, subcultures, pupil adaption, differentiation and polarisation, mixed ability groups and secondary school effects on children. It covers a whole lot, wouldn't surprise me if a 20 mark question could be made out of it.

That would be horrible lol
Original post by EmilyPlatypus

Haha I've done quiet a bit of revision for the topics
Just methods is so thin:frown:
I'm gonna have to absolutely blab when it comes to answering the questions

glad I'm not the only one
Original post by xxvine
Haha I've done quiet a bit of revision for the topics
Just methods is so thin:frown:
I'm gonna have to absolutely blab when it comes to answering the questions

All I've really done for methods is learn basic positives/negatives for each one and then I'm just going to make stuff up as I go along
I just want to get it over with now and focus on unit 3+4
I'm shitting myself for this!!! I have an A2 exam in the afternoon as well :frown:
I'm shitting myself for this!!! I have an A2 exam in the afternoon as well :frown:

Oh man good luck :frown: What is it if you don't mind me asking?
All I've really done for methods is learn basic positives/negatives for each one and then I'm just going to make stuff up as I go along
I just want to get it over with now and focus on unit 3+4

Same
You should be fine then
That's all you really need to know
Business Studies A22, another 2 hours of writing :frown: thank you!
Business Studies A22, another 2 hours of writing :frown: thank you!

Wow really early for an A2
Good luck
Thats not true. An interactionist is all about labelling i.e Becker. Interpretivists, on the other hand, look at qualitative data and favour unstructured interviews, for example. So an interactionist question may come up but it will be about class or ethnicity. Whereas an interactionist question will only appear in the Methods section . :-)
Original post by ijonny245
Thats not true. An interactionist is all about labelling i.e Becker. Interpretivists, on the other hand, look at qualitative data and favour unstructured interviews, for example. So an interactionist question may come up but it will be about class or ethnicity. Whereas an interactionist question will only appear in the Methods section . :-)

I know we will find out tomorrow but what you predict to come up
Original post by xxvine
I know we will find out tomorrow but what you predict to come up

As it is the last spec it really could be anything. A rough guess would be a 12m on maybe Policy or Class and 20m on Role or Ethnicity.

As for Research Methods and MIC both structured and unstructured interviews are due to come up.
Original post by ijonny245
As it is the last spec it really could be anything. A rough guess would be a 12m on maybe Policy or Class and 20m on Role or Ethnicity.

As for Research Methods and MIC both structured and unstructured interviews are due to come up.

Eww ethnicity is just so long lol
Too much to include
Hi guys it would be really helpful if someone could tell me if we need to put socoologists names and studies in research methods esp methods in context
Thanks youu
Original post by Mariochan
Hi guys it would be really helpful if someone could tell me if we need to put socoologists names and studies in research methods esp methods in context
Thanks youu

It makes you look better to the examiner if you mention names and examples BUT it's not necessarily needed. Just make sure you refer to the Item :smile:
Thanks youu

I think it's useful for more marks - especially methods in context. But it's not really necessary for just research methods in general. But mark schemes says it's good to just put some in, just don't spend too long explaining their study
It makes you look better to the examiner if you mention names and examples BUT it's not necessarily needed. Just make sure you refer to the Item :smile:

Thanks so much I might just learn studies for peoples predictions just in case cus I dont have that much space left in my brain..
Thanks youu

All depends what grade you want. Definitely include names of theorists when addressing their theory e.g Meritocracy was coined by Parsons.
Original post by xxvine
Eww ethnicity is just so long lol
Too much to include

It is due up though this year? Could be a potentially easy Q when you break it all down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending