The Student Room Group

Panicking for Geography tomorrow...

I barely know any case studies, and am a little rusty on the theory.

I'm doing Restless Earth, Rivers and Coasts; maybe we could have a little discussion now...
Do you do ccea?
I do restless earth & rivers :smile:
I think restless earth is my easiest physical topic, ice on the land is definitely the hardest for me
same i do all 3 topics and i'm like freaking out cos i'm getting the case studies mixed up
Reply 6
I do exactly the same as you. I'm panicking like hell because I only started revising the other day. Restless Earth and Rivers are my strong point but I'm struggling to remember facts for case studies
I do Restless Earth, Living World and Water on the land which is the most difficult as it is the most scientific.

Currently overviewing Restless Earth which is EASY AF!
I'm revising on the day of the exam...:colondollar:
It's not really scientific but it reminds me of science.

You need to learn the formation of meanders, ox bow lakes, how waterfalls are created. There's lots of graph analysis in-terms on discharge and ****e.

Abrasion, Attrition, Solution and Hydraulic Action.

It's something that you'd find in a science unit lol.
Reply 10
The AQA specification states you only need to know a case study for cliff collapse but it's possible they'll ask you why it happens, in which case the reasons are:
1). Easily eroded rock type
2). Naturally narrow beaches face more erosion
3). People can make the situation worse by building groynes which stop material being transported further down coast which leads to narrower beaches and more erosion.
4). Powerful waves causing more erosion

They could also ask about the impact on people's lives which depends on the case study. I'm doing Holderness in East Yorkshire so an example is farmers lose farmland which affects their livelihoods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending