The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Official Business Unit 1: Marketing and people - 19th of MAy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by landellsharry
does anyone know of a thread like this for unit 2??? I can't find an up to date one and I'm in search of some predictions and revision help!

Unit 2? I'm guessing you mean theme 2?. This is basically a theme 2 thread. I don't think you'll find any predicted questions because this is the first paper of its specimen. If you want I can send you the tutor2u papers and calculation question.
Original post by ZULU-WARRIOR
Unit 2? I'm guessing you mean theme 2?. This is basically a theme 2 thread. I don't think you'll find any predicted questions because this is the first paper of its specimen. If you want I can send you the tutor2u papers and calculation question.

Omg, can I please have the tutor2u papers???
Original post by samoo311
Omg, can I please have the tutor2u papers???

I posted it on this thread :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3967477&page=7&highlight=&p=64979235#post64979235 If you want the Tutor2u calculation sheets. DM me
I posted it on this thread :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3967477&page=7&highlight=&p=64979235#post64979235 If you want the Tutor2u calculation sheets. DM me

Thanks so much!
Guys if you got any questions on theme 2 please ask, im fairly good at business and the more you ask it will be benefit m too ... Dont worry even if it is stupid, just ask

Did anyone ever make an unofficial mark scheme for paper 1?
Original post by Tsr19999
Did anyone ever make an unofficial mark scheme for paper 1?

I think they did but I wouldn't look at it. We all have different answers. Plus i feel like it will demotivate me. Should be on that sub some where :/ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111
Original post by igotnomoney
Guys if you got any questions on theme 2 please ask, im fairly good at business and the more you ask it will be benefit m too ... Dont worry even if it is stupid, just ask

Disadvantages of raising finance from crowdfunding or peer-2-peer lending?

Can you predict what the grade boundaries may be like?
Original post by TheASM98
Disadvantages of raising finance from crowdfunding or peer-2-peer lending?

Well, both of thiese involves the use of internet(online process) hence it could be unsecured when making transaction etc :smile:
Original post by Tsr19999
Can you predict what the grade boundaries may be like?

60=A
54=B
48=C

These are my assumptions based on other edexcel business exams.
Original post by igotnomoney
Well, both of thiese involves the use of internet(online process) hence it could be unsecured when making transaction etc :smile:

Great point. Thank you very much :smile:
By the way guys, i have been doing some past papers but my answer were correct according to the text book i have been using ti revise but there were not in the markscheme. But since it says that canditation has done something e.g..... Does that mean thise are just few samples and the answer is open response but relevant and will i get marks if the point is correct but it isnt in the markscheme
Reply 213
alright so im cramming the whole theme tonight so from now to around 10 then fro 5am to 1pm (the exam)
i think most of it is common sense and the formulas just need dedicated repetition to memorise them. The real worry for me is the last few chapters, economic influences legislation and competitive environment are all my weaknesses. Could anyone please summarise the key points as the book is too waffly and the specification is borderline useless
60=A
54=B
48=C

These are my assumptions based on other edexcel business exams.

what is it out of? id love it if they were that low!
Original post by TS21
alright so im cramming the whole theme tonight so from now to around 10 then fro 5am to 1pm (the exam)
i think most of it is common sense and the formulas just need dedicated repetition to memorise them. The real worry for me is the last few chapters, economic influences legislation and competitive environment are all my weaknesses. Could anyone please summarise the key points as the book is too waffly and the specification is borderline useless

same here *following*
Original post by Haarryboy
do u guys know about the PEACH mnemonic for the 8,10 and 20 markers questions....
P-point
E-effect
A-analyse
C-context
H-however

8 markers 2 peach paras
10 markers 2 peach paras
20 markers 4 peach paras

What do you mean by effect?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rainbowcorn
what is it out of? id love it if they were that low!

This is pretty big but can any of you guys answer these questions. Explain the effects on a business if inflation changes//
Explain the effects on a business if exchange rates change/
/Explain the effects on a business if interest rates change//
Explain the effects on a business if taxation and government spending change//
Explain the effects on a business if the business cycle changes//
Describe the effect that economic uncertainty has on a business//
Describe legislation to include consumer, employee and environmental protection/
/Describe the effect on a business of competition policy/
Describe key components of health and safety legislation//
Identify the competitive environment including competition and market size//
(edited 7 years ago)
And what the heck is Stock issue, its in the Plc. *ATTACHED*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending