The Student Room Group

Getting married and financial aid.

Hello everyone.
I am getting married next September at the grand old age of 24.
I want to go to university and do social work as I did related A-levels and really enjoyed it, but because of many things i did not feel it was the right time to go.
Now I am at a good place in my life and I can focus on studying my main question is if I apply for university this year would it be better on my finance then applying next year when I'll be married?
Thanks for any help in advance 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sunshinecity
Hello everyone.
I want to go to university and do social work as I did related A-levels and really enjoyed it, but because of many things i did not feel it was the right time to go.
Now I am at a good place in my life and I can focus on studying my main question is if I apply for university this year would it be better on my finance then applying next year when I'll be married?

It depends on what your husbands income is really.
Original post by Sunshinecity
Hello everyone.

Also until you are 25 unless married (or estranged from parents) it is your parents income which is looked at unless you've worked and earned at least t £7,500 a year for 3 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
Also until you are 25 it is your parents income which is looked at unless you've worked and earned at least t £7,500 a year for 3 years.

Actually, if you marry below the age of 25 then you are automatically considered independent of your parents and your SF entitlement is based on your own household income rather than theirs.
Original post by Klix88
Actually, if you marry below the age of 25 then you are automatically considered independent of your parents and your SF entitlement is based on your own household income rather than theirs.

I know, the OP asked if she'd be better off applying whilst not married so I was telling her what to consider

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending