The Student Room Group

I think I'm going to fail

This is my first post on TSR but I'm honestly just so beaten down after my previous exams. Now, I certainly passed English Language but English Literature is looking like a really big concern and I'm afraid that I might fail that and it'll jeopardise my chance of taking the A levels I want to. I'm also quite certain that I failed RE due to running out of time despite knowing the content.

If I happen to get a D in English Lit and maybe (but not certainly) in RE, what would that mean sixth form wise?
Original post by blissfxly
This is my first post on TSR but I'm honestly just so beaten down after my previous exams. Now, I certainly passed English Language but English Literature is looking like a really big concern and I'm afraid that I might fail that and it'll jeopardise my chance of taking the A levels I want to. I'm also quite certain that I failed RE due to running out of time despite knowing the content.

If I happen to get a D in English Lit and maybe (but not certainly) in RE, what would that mean sixth form wise?

The sixth forms I am looking at, you have to get Bs and above to get in but for most I think you need 5 A* to Cs including Maths and English. I am sure you didn't fail, I thought I failed my mocks but ended up getting A*s. Try not to worry too much :smile:
Reply 2

Nothing. Unless you want to do those subjects at A-level that is. As long as you have meet your sixth form's requirements and get the grade needed for the subjects you want to study then you'll be fine.
At the end of the day, you know that you done everything you could to the best of your ability to pass so don't think negatively; You will only find what you're looking for. :smile:

My friend failed English and Maths and he got through to Sixth Form. He had to resit English and Maths. As long as you get 5 GCSE's it'll be fine
Original post by Redflag99
My friend failed English and Maths and he got through to Sixth Form. He had to resit English and Maths. As long as you get 5 GCSE's it'll be fine

^^^^^^
As Albert Einstein had said: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning".
Don't repeat, but learn from your mistakes.
Gcses are nothing compared to A-Levels, i got A*s and A's in gcse and ive got a physics AS exam tomorrow and i feel like im gonna fail.
I know its hard but stay positive.

In all my mocks i have been failing German,however, on my real exam i got a C(reading) and a B for listening.

You probably did better than you think.
Just forget about the exmas passed. You cnat do anything about them. Focus on the ones left.
Reply 9
Original post by Redflag99

Did he have to take BTEC courses instead of A levels?
Did he have to take BTEC courses instead of A levels?

Yes. BTEC level 3, which is equivalent to an a level
Reply 11

I got a D in English Lit but they let me do Govt & Politics, Histroy, Maths (irrelevant) and Economics. So you can still do what you want but you might have to push a little
Reply 12
Original post by zayn008
I got a D in English Lit but they let me do Govt & Politics, Histroy, Maths (irrelevant) and Economics. So you can still do what you want but you might have to push a little

Oh okay, thanks :smile: What'd you get in your other GCSEs if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 13
Oh okay, thanks :smile: What'd you get in your other GCSEs if you dont mind me asking?

A in maths & IT, B in English and business and the rest C's, I didn't do good at GCSEs because I had missed 6 months and didn't take them seriously enough, but for AS I'm predicated A(Eco)A(Maths)B(Politics), hoping for AAA :smile: Histroy is over 2 years and I'll get a prediction at the end of next term

Quick Reply

Latest