The Student Room Group

Geography A AQA GCSE 2016 exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h.cornwall
Thanks for expressing an interest and appreciation for the work of others in their spare time merely to help. I advocate that if one didn't find the prediction of great utility to either not say anything or search somewhere else.
As far is content is concerned, delta's ARE very much on the AQA Spec as of 2014 which is the exam we sit.
I don't know what's unrealistic about the restless earth marker. Tsunami's has been an absent topic since 2013 I believe.
Please don't address someone as mate prior to making comments that disrespect the time and effort they have gone to to try and help others.
I wish you the best of luck in your exam on Tuesday!

Hey I didn't mean to upset anyone as I clearly have, but a lot of people are going to read your predictions and be worried that they need to know stuff they simply don't. Deltas are not a landform on the specification, you might want to get your facts straight before you write a prediction paper.
My point was that an 8 marker on environmental impacts of a Tsunami is incredibly narrow and almost impossible to write an 8 marker on. Looking at the 8 marker from 2015's paper, you are more like to get a question on ALL of the effects, or ALL of the responses. No disrespect, good job on your document. Best of luck to you all!

Is there a markscheme available to mark your answers?

Thank you so much!:smile:
You all have it so easy, I have to do OCR B.
For ice on the land, do I need to know both Chamonix and Abondance??
Can someone please give me the main facts on tsunamis we need to know its predicted tomorrow
Reply 26
Original post by H.cool
Does anyone know any common topics which appear on the AQA Geography A human AND physical paper?
Also, is there a website where I can find older past papers - pre- 2012?
Many thanks

I do
Restless Earth
Living World
Coasts

And we got given a prediction sheet for the 8 markers
So I'm revising

RE: Earthquakes (L'Aquila and Kashmir) and Tsunamis (Boxing Day)
LW: Poor Desert (Kalahari?)
C: Coastal Erosion and Holderness
I'm doing LW, Coasts and Weather+Climate. I reckon the LW 8 marker will be on either deforestation in a tropical rainforest (Malaysia) or a rich desert (the Sonoran), as there is a pattern in the 8 markers. However, AQA could trick us into asking us about an LEDC desert (i'm doing the Thar). For coastal zone, i think either Cliff collapse, or Hard/soft engineering (coastal erosion). This year should be similar to the 2013 paper:P
Original post by Bethrichards
I'm doing LW, Coasts and Weather+Climate. I reckon the LW 8 marker will be on either deforestation in a tropical rainforest (Malaysia) or a rich desert (the Sonoran), as there is a pattern in the 8 markers. However, AQA could trick us into asking us about an LEDC desert (i'm doing the Thar). For coastal zone, i think either Cliff collapse, or Hard/soft engineering (coastal erosion). This year should be similar to the 2013 paper:P

image.jpg

Tomorrows predictions
Reply 29
Emergency question (please reply anyone asap):
For the volcanoes case study, do you have to use a recent case study. If so, how recent? I've already prepared Mt St Helens to great detail but it happened over 30 years ago, and I'm not sure if it will be a valid case study.

My geography teacher told me to prepare another one just incase, but I haven't had time to prepare for another one yet.

What should I do?
Reply 30
bump
Original post by Baaah
Emergency question (please reply anyone asap):
For the volcanoes case study, do you have to use a recent case study. If so, how recent? I've already prepared Mt St Helens to great detail but it happened over 30 years ago, and I'm not sure if it will be a valid case study.

My geography teacher told me to prepare another one just incase, but I haven't had time to prepare for another one yet.

What should I do?

I don't think it has to be recent but I'm not entirely sure - if you were taught Mt St Helens at school it is probably alright!
Reply 32
Mt St Helens is fine
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B375vozJmtIyMTlNdENHNzM3SXM/view?usp=sharing

Here is my prediction for the Human Geography paper. Topics included are Population change, Globalisation and Tourism. THIS IS ONLY A PREDICTION!
Reply 34
guysss
how many marks was the flooding case study???/?/
Reply 35
8 marks for comparing the 2
Original post by aqvague
8 marks for comparing the 2

Comparing!?!
Reply 37
I love how this thread asked for specific topics that may come up in BOTH papers but people seem to just be replying with topics that they are doing… lol
Original post by ty19999
guysss
how many marks was the flooding case study???/?/

8!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by pink.lemonade
Comparing!?!

Might not have been, but certainly asked to explain why there were differences between the two

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending