The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hey does anyone have a link or know exactly what equations are not give on the formula sheet for the exam tommorow? That would be great thanks:biggrin:
Original post by monoman
Can anyone explain 7.3 on set 2 paper, about the tension. How did anyone get a tension of around 70N. I'm completely baffed

I had to look at the mark scheme for that question I could rearrange the equation but for some reason they divided the frequency by 3 to get 110Hz and I don't know why but that gets the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Original post by DSG7799
I had to look at the mark scheme for that question I could rearrange the equation but for some reason they divided the frequency by 3 to get 110Hz and I don't know why but that gets the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

because the diagram is of the third harmonic, so you have to divide by 3 because that equation is only for the first harmonic (my teacher said that they wouldnt test us on anything but first harmonic but i guess he was wrong)
Original post by haes
are proton-antineutrino and neutron-neutrino on the spec? because i've never seen those?

I thought that the were but maybe not im not too sure.
Just in case
Proton + antineutrino ------ neutron + positron
Neutron + neutrino ------ proton + electron
Original post by DSG7799

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats because the frequency of third harmonic is triple such of the first harmonic. The eequation only works for first harmonic. How did you get the answerWhat was your working out?
Original post by 10moorej
Please help me understand this
Attachment not found
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Use the graph for that question part 2 the power 30w is because the highest voltage is 12V and the current then is 2.5A and 12×2.5=30 resistance for part 3 is 6(half of 12V which is the maximum voltage)÷1.9=3.2 ohms. Part 4 is describing the graph by using knowledge of temperature and resistance. Part 5 is about as in series the voltage will never be 0V or 12V as the variable resistor will take some of the voltage as it's not a potential divider circuit. Hope you understand the question better now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 286
When we measure uncertainty is it HALF of the smallest increment or the smallest increment itself e.g. 1mm for a ruler not 0.5mm on each reading
Original post by monoman
Thats because the frequency of third harmonic is triple such of the first harmonic. The eequation only works for first harmonic. How did you get the answerWhat was your working out?

Ah okay I rearranged the new equation which came with this topic in the new specification. Working out isn't neat as I realised it was wrong at first so I had to change some values. (Only the middle to right is correct)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 288
Finally found this thread!
I agree with everyone, after having done all the old spec papers and redoing the new spec papers... the difference in difficulty is pretty big :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jmahtab
Okay i'm new to this website and since i haven't found any other thread for the upcoming exams i'm gona just through my questions here.......i have attached an image below which is taken from a model answer sheet , can anyone please explain to me why the answer is C??...I find both C and D to have both vector and scalar quantities..!!!...what am i missing here?

Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 3.01.23 AM.png

mass doesn't have direction so not a vector
Original post by 11234
When we measure uncertainty is it HALF of the smallest increment or the smallest increment itself e.g. 1mm for a ruler not 0.5mm on each reading

This link should help with uncertainties: https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/thephysicsteacher/12b-errors-and-uncertainties

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 291
Original post by Exavior
Does any one know where I can find lots of questions on the specification. I have done all the past papers! Thanks :wink:

The app 'gojimo' is really helpful for quick last minute multiple choice questions. When you're choosing the subject you can make it specific to your exam board so it's relevant! :smile:
Original post by dgkjhl
The app 'gojimo' is really helpful for quick last minute multiple choice questions. When you're choosing the subject you can make it specific to your exam board so it's relevant! :smile:

Thank you! And good luck in tomorrows exam! :wink:
I know im going to mess up tomorrow, just a question of how badly. :frown:
Original post by Lola1244
has anyone tried the specimen papers. I found them hard lol

Did the first paper and I got 60/70 :/ I wanna get at least 90% but if the actual paper is that hard...
Not to mention I'm stronger on Paper 1 (more calculations). I'm tense now lol
Original post by BioMan231
I know im going to mess up tomorrow, just a question of how badly. :frown:

Don't think like that, Don't give up
seriously this is too hard!!!

the year before had it so much easier considering the units were separated in 2 exams. This contains all units in 1 exams :frown:
Original post by runningcat
Don't think like that, Don't give up

he is right! I will mess up tommorow. My confidence and morale has been lowered due to how hard edexcel c1 was!!!
Original post by 11234

yes it is :smile:
When to use Diffraction grating equation vs Fringe spacing equation?

Quick Reply

Latest