The Student Room Group

English

So I’m in year 8 atm - and we start gcse’s in year 9 at my school. at the moment i am too **** in english - i can barely analyse a poem or write an essay effectively. In our IAGs (internal assessment grades) which are released each half term, my target is an 8 for most subjects, including english so before I start my gcse’s I really want to get my grades up - any tips?
bruv get off this site smh yr 8s worrying about **** just remember to take your pe kit tomorrow
No, I won't get off this site. I am perfectly within my rights to be on here and ask for help. And if you need clarification, I had PE today, there for I will not need it for tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frankielogue
No, I won't get off this site. I am perfectly within my rights to be on here and ask for help. And if you need clarification, I had PE today, there for I will not need it for tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*therefore

All im saying is, you dont need to worry. Like literally, nothing. You got long time for GCSEs ok, im doing mine right now and i only fully learnt it like maybe a month ago
Original post by roadmanchasin£
*therefore

All im saying is, you dont need to worry. Like literally, nothing. You got long time for GCSEs ok, im doing mine right now and i only fully learnt it like maybe a month ago

No, I won't get off this site. I am perfectly within my rights to be on here and ask for help. And if you need clarification, I had PE today, there for I will not need it for tomorrow.Posted from TSR Mobile

OP, I agree with the above. Year 8 is meant to be chill (and Year 9 tbh) - no need to really stress about your GCSEs yet. I'm in Year 11 and I only learnt stuff about English exam technique etc a few months ago. In Year 8, I hardly knew what a simile was :lol:
One tip that helped me is to really make sure you understand the literal meaning of the words in the set texts. It's tempting sometimes to go off learning about devices and techniques without spending enough time considering the simple messages about life that authors are trying to communicate. Also think about the common themes raised in the texts and how these differ nowadays- for example, what views of marriage are presented in, say, 'Pride and Prejudice' and how are these different nowadays in society?
thing is i'm at a grammar school - it's like a ****ing exam factory mate you can't just **** about or they'll intervene. We had to literally work at GCSE level in year 7
thing is i'm at a grammar school - it's like a ****ing exam factory mate you can't just **** about or they'll intervene. We had to literally work at GCSE level in year 7

If you're describing it as an "exam factory" then surely you should know exactly how to analyse texts and poems since they're throwing you into exams already?
Original post by cdaniels2011
If you're describing it as an "exam factory" then surely you should know exactly how to analyse texts and poems since they're throwing you into exams already?

that’s the problem, they’re throwing us into gcse’s next school year and idek

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending