The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bigmansouf
we need a right back and a left back

Strong case for the need for a right-back. Valencia will go next season, I think, but I think Darmian will get back to his old ways under Mourinho. I think we'll only need a back-up left-back should Shaw stay fit next season, and I think he'll grow to be world-class under Mourinho.
Original post by sr90
I genuinely think we'll see 2 big signings in before the Euros start. Mourinho's had 6 months behind the scenes to line up transfer targets. Zlatan looks like he'll be one of them **** knows who the other one is.

A CB (one first team one back up), midfielder, striker and a right winger are absolute musts.

It rhymes with Stohn Jones.

On another note, I'd be more surprised if Mata lasted past January than anything that happened this season.
(edited 7 years ago)
Stones is an absolute liability would prefer a cb with proven experience - either Varane or Marquinhos. As well as this English players are overhyped and overpriced - wouldn't touch them with a bargepole
Only surefires to stay are DDG, Darmian, Smalling, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Rashford and Martial. We'll go for a CB (Stones) I'm happy with Shaw/CBJ but think Rojo will go. I hope Blind will stay on to replace Carrick who won't be renewed. Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Valencia, Lingard, Young and Januzaj I could all see as possibly going. Phil Jones too. I think he'll keep Memphis mind.
I doubt there's going to be some fire sale, or some huge influx of players. It's one Summer.

Some players will leave. A few will come in. One big name. Two if we're lucky.
Ibrahimovic scare me cuz when Ibrahimovic score he don't say nothing.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I doubt there's going to be some fire sale, or some huge influx of players. It's one Summer.

Some players will leave. A few will come in. One big name. Two if we're lucky.

Mourinho changed literally half the team from 13/14 to 14/15. He's going to be given £100m at least to spend to make United Champions.

Ibra is a definite, so that's at least one big name. James Rodriguez will be likely heading to OT too. We all know which centre back Jose will want.
Reply 9728
Original post by Diego Costa
It rhymes with Stohn Jones.

On another note, I'd be more surprised if Mata lasted past January than anything that happened this season.

Yeah Mata is gone personally.
Original post by bigmansouf
we need a right back and a left back

You need owners that treat others like human beings. The Glazers should have spoken to LVG ages ago.
It has been an honour to manage such a magnificent club as Manchester United FC, and in doing so, I have fulfilled a long-held ambition.I am immensely proud to have helped United win the FA Cup for the 12th time in the club's history. I have been privileged during my management career to have won 20 trophies but winning the FA Cup, which is steeped in so much history, will always be one of the most special achievements of my career.I am very disappointed to be unable to complete our intended three-year plan. I believe that the foundations are firmly in place to enable the club to move forward and achieve even greater success.I hope that winning the FA Cup will give the club a platform to build upon next season to restore the success that this passionate set of fans desire.Having managed in Holland, Spain and Germany, I had always hoped for the opportunity to manage in English football and be part of English culture. Both of these experiences have lived up to expectations and been fantastic.I thank my players and wish them well for next season. It has been a pleasure to work with them and it has been particularly rewarding to see so many young players take their chance to break into the first team and excel. I look forward to watching the continued development of these young players next season.Thank you to the owners and board of Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.I would also like to express my gratitude to the amazing United supporters. They are truly the best fans in the world.I am indebted to my support and coaching staff, who have given me their all during their time at the club.I am deeply grateful to each and every member of the club’s staff - the sports science team, the medical team, the kit and laundry department, club administration, the press office, the manager's team, the Academy team, ground staff and the catering team, both at Old Trafford stadium and Carrington training ground, all of whom have given me their unwavering support in my time at United. Never in my 25 years as a manager have I been so well supported in my role.Finally, my special thanks go to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton for always making me and my family feel so welcome throughout my time as Manchester United manager.
It is sad to see Louis go - he was such a personality
Original post by 9910224
Strong case for the need for a right-back. Valencia will go next season, I think, but I think Darmian will get back to his old ways under Mourinho. I think we'll only need a back-up left-back should Shaw stay fit next season, and I think he'll grow to be world-class under Mourinho.

AXEL TUANZEBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akPgHzDXcCo

will NICK POWELL be given a chance to replace Carrick cuz he bought him for that reason.

I think we have players in the youth team that are great defenders that i want to fill that position

RB -Darmian or GUILLERMO VARELA (frst choice) but i put GUILLERMO VARELA ahead i think he needs a chance but then again FOSU MENSAH is avaliable
LB - Shaw( 1st choice), TYLER BLACKETT (2nd choice)

I hope James Wilson get a look in

but i think blind should go. Mensah can get up the holding position and buy someone new to represent carrick
Original post by barnetlad
You need owners that treat others like human beings. The Glazers should have spoken to LVG ages ago.

ermmmm you need to redirect that comment to the correct person u intended to talk to
im talking about rb and lb
Powell's contract is up and CBJ is yet to get a new contract - it expires this summer
Original post by Jakir
Powell's contract is up and CBJ is yet to get a new contract - it expires this summer

Powell wasn't even getting game time at Hull ahead of fatty Huddlestone, I see him staying in the Championship regardless of whether they go up.
Baffled CBJ's contract is out of contract, that was a certainty with his performances on the pitch and on the team coach at West Ham..

End of Van Gaal. His statement was gracious and it's a shame his brashness and confidence in 2014 faltered quite quickly day-to-day managing Manchester United. Reading the reports from behind the scenes last night, it seems his strict approach was never going to mellow or adapt and had he stayed, likelihood few players including the best one we have (De Gea) would have walked. It's sad the way his comments sounded more like Moyes towards the end. Hope he has a good retirement and for all the stick United got for not confirming, it was so LVG was allowed time to leave the country for Portugal.

Mourinho should be announced Tuesday/Wednesday - Giggs probably likely to leave (unless the club guaranteed him the job after Jose?) but rumours Gary Neville might make up his backroom team. It's going to be one hell of a ride with Mourinho but you read all the negative stories on him, rightly so for some of his behaviour, yet I really don't think he'll walk into Old Trafford without any self-recognition that he may need to do things differently. He's wanted this job for a long time and just feel it might be different. He'll have full controls of transfers, something which he probably hasn't since he was at Porto/Inter, no real intervention from the owners, a pliable vice-chairman and a chance - sadly - for his agent to get his feet under the table at Old Trafford. If he messes this up and leaves before the end of his contract, he can forget any top level job and probably will have to do with going to a league which in the past, he's described as uncompetitive or more accurately, where the kitman can win.

Ibrahimovic deal edging closer - a character with a winning mentality much needed in the dressing room.
Don't think Ibra and Rooney can both play, no pace
Original post by JayReg
Don't think Ibra and Rooney can both play, no pace

Rooney is probably not going to play upfront any more.
Original post by NathanW18
Rooney is probably not going to play upfront any more.

I don't see Mou putting him midfield either, only behind Ibra. Which speaks to my point of no pace.

Latest