The Student Room Group

AQA To Kill a Mockingbird 2016 *official thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wildjones
I'm doing the Relationships section, so not the same.

I was only ever into MCR, never got into the other 'emo' bands for some reason. I think their breakup put me off the others, since I'd only got into them a few months before haha. Didn't want to go through that emotional pain again

Ah, good luck with relationships poetry!

I was the opposite, I got into the others first and then discovered MCR, only then to find out they had broken up.
Original post by thatonepunkguy
Ah, good luck with relationships poetry!

I was the opposite, I got into the others first and then discovered MCR, only then to find out they had broken up.

Good luck with yours too! I'm sure you'll do great:wink:

Now that must have been sad! Imagine if they got back together though...
Surprisingly, part a for TKaM went much better than part b.

For a, I wrote about Atticus shooting with an 'empty gun' and the quote: 'the heads below us jerked up'. I couldn't make anymore points because I went into too much detail on these. Unfortunately, part b didn't go too well...

Even though I liked the question, it was too basic for me to be perceptive about it or have multiple interpretations (even though it was after the exam that I realised all the other stuff I could possibly have written about). I wrote about how the black community is segregated and they live in the outskirts of town, how a Boo Radley wasn't put in jail because Tate didn't have the heart to 'put him in beside negroes'. I also wrote a brief paragraph on Maycombs Missionary Society and their ethicalhypocrisy - pretending to care about remote tribes while there are children (mostly black) suffering in their own town - which had potential but I ran out of time.

I don't think I will be able to get my forecast grade because I didn't add context or any alternate interpretations. Neither did I add any A* themes and ideas we learnt about (Epistemic injustice, Feminism, Freudian theory and etc). I don't think I explicitly mentioned what it tells about the society they lived in because I thought it would be obvious in what I was writing - now that I think about it, i don't think I really answered that.

Oh well, Good luck for poetry on Thursday everyone!! I am doing character and voice and hoping to God none of the foundation poems come up because I haven't even looked at them.
Original post by WhisperOfDreams
Surprisingly, part a for TKaM went much better than part b.

For a, I wrote about Atticus shooting with an 'empty gun' and the quote: 'the heads below us jerked up'. I couldn't make anymore points because I went into too much detail on these. Unfortunately, part b didn't go too well...

Even though I liked the question, it was too basic for me to be perceptive about it or have multiple interpretations (even though it was after the exam that I realised all the other stuff I could possibly have written about). I wrote about how the black community is segregated and they live in the outskirts of town, how a Boo Radley wasn't put in jail because Tate didn't have the heart to 'put him in beside negroes'. I also wrote a brief paragraph on Maycombs Missionary Society and their ethicalhypocrisy - pretending to care about remote tribes while there are children (mostly black) suffering in their own town - which had potential but I ran out of time.

I don't think I will be able to get my forecast grade because I didn't add context or any alternate interpretations. Neither did I add any A* themes and ideas we learnt about (Epistemic injustice, Feminism, Freudian theory and etc). I don't think I explicitly mentioned what it tells about the society they lived in because I thought it would be obvious in what I was writing - now that I think about it, i don't think I really answered that.

Oh well, Good luck for poetry on Thursday everyone!! I am doing character and voice and hoping to God none of the foundation poems come up because I haven't even looked at them.

I talked about Mrs Dubose's attitudes, Calpurnia, Atticus' views to add contrast and white people gambling in the black church. I'm also doing character and voice, do you need any help?
I talked about Mrs Dubose's attitudes, Calpurnia, Atticus' views to add contrast and white people gambling in the black church. I'm also doing character and voice, do you need any help?

I am pretty confident with CaV, it's just that I am worried a foundation poem might come up. I was looking at past papers for higher tier and one which was 1/2 years ago had a question on The River God and Give. We have barley looked at any F poems at school so I am just worried that might happen again.

Anyway, how do you feel about your exam today? I just need to get a high A* on unit 2 to average an a*
Original post by WhisperOfDreams
I am pretty confident with CaV, it's just that I am worried a foundation poem might come up. I was looking at past papers for higher tier and one which was 1/2 years ago had a question on The River God and Give. We have barley looked at any F poems at school so I am just worried that might happen again.

Anyway, how do you feel about your exam today? I just need to get a high A* on unit 2 to average an a*

I think I did ok, but I didn't get a chance to do context for my Calpurnia paragraph as I ran out of time.

I'm hoping for Medusa on the poetry paper. My Last Duchess and Brendon Gallacher came up last year.

What text did you do for Section A?
I think I did ok, but I didn't get a chance to do context for my Calpurnia paragraph as I ran out of time.

I'm hoping for Medusa on the poetry paper. My Last Duchess and Brendon Gallacher came up last year.

What text did you do for Section A?

Oh yeah it must've been Brendon Gallacher that I got stressed over.

I did Kindertransport which is the worst one to do tbh because there are BARELY any online resources on it.

And the questions were so different from what we have usually learnt. They weren't on a character or theme. The one i did was:

Some audiences agree that Kindertransport is deeply moving play. How far do you agree with this view and how has Samuels writing made you think this way?

The other was on a plot device.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending